check/raise 1 8.33%
bet/fold (NITS) 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-31-2007, 06:32 PM

Default Re: STTF SNG->cash thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
SB is 19/19/4 through 58 hands, 7% 3-bet. Is a preflop 4-bet to $30 or so better? Can I fold to a push? On the flop, is shoving just giving him a chance to fold the worst hand or do you think he fires again enough to make it worth just calling?

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.50/$1
5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $197
CO: $100
Hero: $99.90
SB: $98.50
BB: $15.90

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $4</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $13</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($27, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $18</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises all-in $86.9</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

i think 4 betting all in pf would be better than 30, only b/c i'd hate to fold to someone this aggressive. as played i don't like pushing this flop, cuz he's not folding a better hand probly, and the only hand he'd possibly call with that you beat is TT. i'd call and re-evaluate. i usually fold to the 3bet pf and stay out of this predicament.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's no way I'd ever fold to the 3-bet in position unless the 3-bettor was the world's biggest nit. I'm not expecting many worse hands to call the flop (TT is about the only one) and probably no better hands fold, but my implied odds are usually terrible unless the guy is really aggro. I don't have enough experience with these simple aggressive players to really know what's best.

[/ QUOTE ]

i guess it depends on what range you put him on to 3bet. against a unknown tag i'd guess JJ+,AK+ maaaaaybe a little looser, so you are at the bottom of his range and should only be playing for set value, no?
Old 10-31-2007, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
SB is 19/19/4 through 58 hands, 7% 3-bet. Is a preflop 4-bet to $30 or so better? Can I fold to a push? On the flop, is shoving just giving him a chance to fold the worst hand or do you think he fires again enough to make it worth just calling?

Full Tilt Poker
5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $4</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $13</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($27, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $18</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises all-in $86.9</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

i think 4 betting all in pf would be better than 30, only b/c i'd hate to fold to someone this aggressive. as played i don't like pushing this flop, cuz he's not folding a better hand probly, and the only hand he'd possibly call with that you beat is TT. i'd call and re-evaluate. i usually fold to the 3bet pf and stay out of this predicament.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's no way I'd ever fold to the 3-bet in position unless the 3-bettor was the world's biggest nit. I'm not expecting many worse hands to call the flop (TT is about the only one) and probably no better hands fold, but my implied odds are usually terrible unless the guy is really aggro. I don't have enough experience with these simple aggressive players to really know what's best.

[/ QUOTE ]

i guess it depends on what range you put him on to 3bet. against a unknown tag i'd guess JJ+,AK+ maaaaaybe a little looser, so you are at the bottom of his range and should only be playing for set value, no?

[/ QUOTE ]

what? id say more like 99+,AQo+,AJs and id 4-bet call a shove before id fold to the 3-bet tbh
Old 10-31-2007, 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Full Tilt Poker
5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what? id say more like 99+,AQo+,AJs and id 4-bet call a shove before id fold to the 3-bet tbh

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, if he's 3 betting 7% of all hands (who knows for sure with only 58 hands) his range is even wider than FD suggests. Poker Stove says 88+, KJs+, AQo+ and ATs+ are at 6.8%. 4 betting that guy and calling a shove is a good idea. I think calling is probably fine too. Folding to a 3 bet vs that guy is spewing.

After calling and taking the flop I think its probably fine to shove over his cbet. Any raise other than that is going to pot commit you anyway. If this is wrong, someone please suggest a better line.
Old 10-31-2007, 07:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Full Tilt Poker
5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There's something about the 19/19/4 line that makes me think he's 3-betting way wider than anyone has suggested. Why he would do it OOP I don't know but my guess is he might not be very good or very selective about where aggressive play will do the most good. This is the same line of thought that makes me want to call his flop bet and wait for him to try shoving the turn. The problem is I have no idea what he thinks I have when I call the flop and I don't know if he thinks he can push me off it.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:06 PM

Default Re: QQ in BvB

[ QUOTE ]
Josem or anyone else,

How do I compare a processor's performance to another.
Like how does a P4 2.8 w/ HT compare to like a 1.6 core duo 2.

Is my P4(above) with 3 gb ram plenty for Vista?

[/ QUOTE ]

Benchmarking say by pcworld.com or anandtech is the only real way to compare processors. However, the core duo should blow away the old P4 in most applications.
Yes, a Core Duo and 3 GB ram, will be more than enough for Vista.
Old 11-01-2007, 12:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Full Tilt Poker
5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, if he's 3 betting 7% of all hands (who knows for sure with only 58 hands) his range is even wider than FD suggests. Poker Stove says 88+, KJs+, AQo+ and ATs+ are at 6.8%. 4 betting that guy and calling a shove is a good idea. I think calling is probably fine too. Folding to a 3 bet vs that guy is spewing.

After calling and taking the flop I think its probably fine to shove over his cbet. Any raise other than that is going to pot commit you anyway. If this is wrong, someone please suggest a better line.

[/ QUOTE ]

i actually think calling the flop would also be fine, call/shove any turn obv.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:57 AM

6th hand of internets 1/2 ever. No reads.

Full Tilt Poker
Blinds: $1/$2
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $617.25
UTG+1: $237
CO: $199
Button: $195.95
SB: $38
Hero: $200

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises to $7</font>, 3 folds, Hero calls.

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($15, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 bets $11</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $30</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($75, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $50</font>, UTG+1 calls.

River: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($175, 2 players)
Hero ????
Old 11-01-2007, 12:07 PM

Anyone here subscribe to cardrunner? I'm probably gonna subscribe and work on my cash game more this month and was wondering what vids would be good for me to start out watching. I have a ok winrate at NL25 and NL 50 over about 5k hands.
Old 11-01-2007, 12:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Full Tilt Poker
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises to $7</font>, 3 folds, Hero calls.

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($15, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 bets $11</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $30</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Hero ????

[/ QUOTE ]

idk what you were doing pf or the flop. but now that you've hit 2 pair i'd bet/call river.
Old 11-01-2007, 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Full Tilt Poker
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:

Hero ????

[/ QUOTE ]

idk what you were doing pf or the flop. but now that you've hit 2 pair i'd bet/call river.

[/ QUOTE ]

preflop: I'm being a fish. Is there some sort of problem with being a total fishy fish?

flop: I'm raising what's likely a c-bet. I keep expecting to either get a three-bet or a fold, so when it's just called I get confused.

river: It looks to me like every draw he could possibly have to call the flop and turn like that has hit. My thinking on the river is that not a lot of worse hands are paying me off but a fair number of better ones can't bet. Those same hands that beat me but might not bet (AQ, KJ, low spades) call if I bet, so checking is best. Am I thinking OK here?