Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2007, 06:47 PM

Default $1K Sats - Turn Decision C- bet with a draw or taking a free card?

Legends of Poker $1070 Supermega MTT satellite. 3K chips/20 minute round. 6 seats. (short level due to time pressure)

I moved to this table. No read on villain. Just knowing he's a mid-stakes cash player.

50/100. villain (4000) limps mp. lp limps. I raise the button to 350 with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. villain checked my stack 3000 behind and made the call. lp folds. Flop 762, one spade. villain checks and I check.

Turn J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], villain checks. Hero?
Old 08-28-2007, 03:28 PM

Default Re: $1K Sats - Turn Decision C- bet with a draw or taking a free card?

Check And Take The Free Card
Old 08-28-2007, 03:51 PM

whats your plan if he cr's or crai. if the answer is a fold then defenitly check. I on the other hand would have bet 600 on the flop and fold to a reraise. you represented strength pre you have position bet the flop, I would. as played I would make a PSB on the turn and call any reraise. If you check the turn and an A or spade falls on the river will you get called on your river bet problably not get the money in before the river.

eymon
Old 08-28-2007, 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
whats your plan if he cr's or crai. if the answer is a fold then defenitly check. I on the other hand would have bet 600 on the flop and fold to a reraise. you represented strength pre you have position bet the flop, I would. as played I would make a PSB on the turn and call any reraise. If you check the turn and an A or spade falls on the river will you get called on your river bet problably not get the money in before the river.

eymon

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is a regular MTT, I'd c-bet flop .... or check here if I didnt c-bet flop. Given this is a 20 minute round MTT sats, I bet 600 plannig to take it down there but I would call c/r push. Villain raised to 1600 and I moved allin. villain called and showed KK and it held up.

I'm not sure his slow playing KK to the turn is good here.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:45 PM

he played his KK weak and would have folded if an A showed up on the board (I bet). Only once in a while do I play AA KK by limping in late position. for me to limp with those hands in early position the table dynamics have to be that I'm confident I will get raised pre so I can 3-bet. If I don't get raised it all depends on the flop as to how I proceed. slow playing those hands for the most part is just not playing optimal poker. I liked your line though.

eymon
Old 08-28-2007, 05:28 PM

Any reason for the small pf raise? I think it's actually going to be helpful given...

I think getting raised here is so unlikely that we should fire again, setting us up for a river shove.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:40 PM

i check back on turn. also dont ive results this early if you want a constructive thread. if you had AJ and bet the turn and he c/r you can't feel very good about your hand.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i check back on turn. also dont ive results this early if you want a constructive thread. if you had AJ and bet the turn and he c/r you can't feel very good about your hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol - didn't notice he'd posted results. Obviously, check behind with draw is standard but I think we'll take it down now (unless we're up against a retard limp-calling and then checking twice with JJ+) a lot and it really blows when we hit the river and he check folds 55.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:38 PM

sorry for posting the results too soon.

In that situation - I needed to play it fast. I really thought the KK was retard though he thought he got me by a great slow play.