Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which are you?
Catholic 7 11.29%
Protestant 10 16.13%
Latter Day Saints 1 1.61%
Jewish 3 4.84%
Agnostic/Atheist 34 54.84%
Other 7 11.29%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 04:37 AM

Default Re: question

[ QUOTE ]
BTW.. had a Coopers Premium Lager tonight..meh not impressed at all!

[/ QUOTE ]
That's 'cause contrary to what Ozi seez, the only Premium Lager to drink is Boags Premium Lager! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-24-2007, 04:49 AM

Ozi, have you tried Little Creatures pale ale? best Australian beer I've tasted.
Old 08-24-2007, 05:27 AM

I dont drink the Coopers Lager much. it is their newest beer and Im just not a big lager fan. Gib is right on about the Boags.

Ulkis, never actually heard of Little Creatures Pale ale and Ive never seen it but then again Ive never really looked for it. I will now. googling it shows that it is apparently very very good so now I want some [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Gib, thanks for the links btw.
Old 08-24-2007, 07:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hmmm, i gotta try this lolmaha sometime.

I might have a little dabble tonight after a glass of red or two!

[/ QUOTE ]
lol, well after tacos & a few couple of corona's I gave it a shot:

haha, that was fun!
Old 08-24-2007, 08:07 AM

I have the 204B and lurve it. Works nice with 4 Stars table open at once at default size.

Wook, what is your opinion on Japanese beer? A woman I work with says it isn't chewy at all and tends to be very dry, which I take to mean it doesn't linger around in your mouth after you swallow.

Actually, that would be my NC title nomination "doesn't linger around in your mouth after you swallow"
Old 08-24-2007, 08:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have the 204T and lurve it. Works nice with 4 Stars table open at once at default size.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-24-2007, 10:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have the 204B and lurve it. Works nice with 4 Stars table open at once at default size.

Wook, what is your opinion on Japanese beer? A woman I work with says it isn't chewy at all and tends to be very dry, which I take to mean it doesn't linger around in your mouth after you swallow.

Actually, that would be my NC title nomination "doesn't linger around in your mouth after you swallow"

[/ QUOTE ]

I've only had a couple Japanese beers, and they were mostly just boring pale lagers. I wasn't really paying attention beyond that. There was a really good review of a Japanese attempt at a Belgian witte style ale that sounded tasty over the the Beer Club a few days ago.
Old 08-24-2007, 10:54 AM

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)
Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls.

Flop: (7.40 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.70 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.70 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

Final Pot: 9.70 BB

I finally get a Royal Flush and I don't think I could play it worse. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 08-24-2007, 12:48 PM

So, my folks call and they want me to go look at their computer. It won't boot. The hal.dll file is corrupt. I'm not all that computer savy, but isn't that the harddrive library? I'm thinking they are pretty much screwed and I will have to reformat the harddrive. Is there anyway to get the info off the drive before I do that. I was thinking about hooking it up through my computer and making it a slave drive. Not sure if that will work though.
Old 08-24-2007, 01:00 PM

HAL is the Hardware Abstraction Layer. It's the thing Windows uses to keep software running on it from directly addressing the hardware of your computer, instead having to go through HAL. The idea is that it tries to prevent poorly written code from hard-locking your system. If that's corrupted, though, there's basically no way to get anything in Windows, or Windows itself, to talk to your hardware.

The most likely explanation is that your install of Windows has gone bad. I'd first just try reinstalling without reformatting. You may lose some of your Windows settings and the like, and you'll probably have to reinstall your programs, but you shouldn't lose important data. If that doesn't work, then you're in worse shape. You'll have to try reformatting, and it may be that the hard drive itself has gone bad. If possible, I'd try plugging the drive into a working computer and seeing if you can access the directories on it. If you can, good. Pull off the data you need, put it back in your parent's comp, format and reinstall Windows. If not, it's time for a new hard drive, and short of paying some service that specializes in retrieving data from BUSTO hard drives (I'd expect $50-$100 to do this, and it probably would work for you), all the data on it is gone.
Closed Thread