Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2007, 02:27 AM

Default Re: drug experiences

[ QUOTE ]
i'm gonna try shrooms this weekend. tips, thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you need a guide who has shroomed before as long as you're all experienced with things like marijuana or other drugs; general experience with these kinds of substances should be enough to deal with any problems with bad trips or nausea. Then again it certainly wouldn't hurt.

Nature is awesome when you are shrooming so if it's not cold where you are, walking around all day is awesome. It's definitely better if the area isn't crowded. It's definitely best to do it in a small group of friends and just relax and enjoy and roll with the high.
Old 02-12-2007, 05:10 AM

Yes! Best thread ever!

I have partaken in shrooming twice in my life, and had a blast both times. The first time, I was 19, a freshman in college. I was hanging out with my friends Chris, Speedo and my roomate Ryan. Ryan got a call from one of his friends and told us he could hook us up with an 1/8th of shrooms each. We were all stoked. A couple hours later we were sitting in Chris' room downing the shrooms and just shooting the [censored] about nothing in particular waiting for the shrooms to work their magic. After about a half hour, we decided to wander outside and smoke a cig. Immediately after stepping out of Chris' room, I felt the effects. I remember the texture of the paint on the walls was really fascinating to me. The way the light hit the walls was really 'trippy looking.' We made our way outside and lit up and discussed what we should do. Ryan noticed me staring at the blinking stoplight (it was after 12 at this point in a small college town) and every started cheesing out laughing at me. After an uncontrollable laughing fit, I convinced them that the stop light was getting bigger and bigger everytime it blinked. Speedo seemed to experience the same thing as he looked on, while Ryan and Chris seemed aggitated they hadn't started tripping yet.

After we finished smoking, we decided to go out to this wooded area that the Missouri River runs along. Really a beautiful little trail to walk along during the daylight, yet insanely creepy at night. We drove out there and Speedo and I were amuzed by Ryan's dome light for about ten minutes...haha. That's funny just typing that. We walked a little bit to the trail and crossed this old rickety bridge above a dried out creek bed. We all decided to stand on the bridge and scare the [censored] out of each other by jumping up and down and generally shaking the hell out of it. Fun times. At this point, Ryan was convinced that someone was trying to break into his car for some reason. He kept walking back to check on it, to find nobody else around.

We walked deeper into the woods and started getting a little creeped out. I think it was just mass hysteria and we were just feeding off of each other's fear a little. I cant remember what we were talking about, but we heard a wolf howl very near by and we bolted back to the bridge. We laughed uncontrollably again, and decided to just sit around the bridge and just enjoy the scenery. The tree's in the moonlight seemed like a painting to me. The colors were vibrant and transfixing and I just could not look away. Beautiful really. Eventually I started seeing what I would call green crystals on the trunks of the tree's. Just sparkling green lights. Nobody else exprienced this, and I dont really know what anyone else exprienced visual wise out in the woods.

I think we spent about an hour and half out there, maybe more, who knows. I wasn't too concerned with time then. We decided to head back to the dorms and smoke a bowl. We smoked out of Chris's hookah (I miss that [censored] hookah!) and smoked a couple of cigarettes. We wandered back inside, because we were starting to get cold and we sat in the stairway of our dorm rooms for a long period of time. I sat on the floor and I remember the texture of the floor seemed to dance. All of the little specs of paint seemed to mix and run together in some sort of crazy wave of liquid. Needless to say, that entertained the hell out of me for as long as we stayed there. I remember the same thing happening to my jeans as well. The textures just ran together. Like my jeans were water and wind was blowing waves around on my pants...Thats the best i can describe it anyway. Speedo kept claiming to see a Lephracon and would bust out into spontanious laughing, which in turn would cause me to laugh hysterically right along with him...I dont know how long we spent in that hall way, my guess is two hours easily. We ventured back outside and capped off the night with our buddy Danny, drunk as hell, stumbling around the lawn at four or five in the morning, screaming incoherently at women across the street who were laughing at him...I thought this was the funniest thing I had seen all night, and nearly pissed myself watching his antics for the next 15 minutes or so...Then I think we went to bed. I remember laying in bed and thinking that the cealing was outer space and that I could jump through the cealing and just float around...I think I had some great dreams that night...

2nd trip was with my future wife, and my best man at my wedding. We took the shrooms while walking up Horsetooth in Ft Collins Colorado. Beatiful hike, made even more amazing with shrooms enhancing effects. I didn't have as much crazy fun with this experience, as it was much more low key. I did see some breathtaking scenery and wildlife though. A flock of birds flew from tree to tree about 500 feet below us and it was just awesome seeing birds fly with the perspective from above. Of course the mountains are breath taking, and we also got really close to a herd of dear. Like 15 feet away close. I'd say there were between 7-10 deer all standing along the side of the trail. It was as close to wild animals as I have ever been without the animals running the other direction. They had no fear, they did not feel threatened. Totally surreal.

Thats it really...two very fun experiences. I love shrooms, and would do them again in a heart beat.
Old 02-12-2007, 09:48 AM

"We played in The Softest Dirt Ever, drawing things with our hands. Matt doubted that it was The Softest Dirt Ever and we gave him a handful and he was a believer."

Nicely done.
Old 07-10-2007, 08:48 PM

wayy old, but i thought i might as well post it.

This is less of a recap than it is a snippet of my first shrooming experience a few months ago in Yosemite. Im not sure if I could do justice in recounting the whole experience, but I'll definitely try some day. This happened at basically the height of my trip (or near it):

Steve and I settled down under a welcoming tree, lying awestruck in its color.

A draft of wind touched the neon green leaves and everything started to come together. The leaves were dancing in the wind, changing colors from bright green to yellow and back to green again. I lied under the tree in an absurd bliss and ecstasy--and then I started to think about my life.

A blur of visions, memories, places and people began to overwhelm me.

I saw myself as a four year old again, blowing out birthday candles in my backward while my doting parents stood behind me with faces of joy and love.

I saw my dog Rocko for the first time again. We were at the dog owners’ house; other people were also there to buy puppies. I remember how he was huddled in the corner--the runt of the pack, as they say--afraid to move the slightest ear or paw. His brown and white face showed complete fear and anxiety. Who knew that he would turn into the gregarious and sociable dog he became? I thought to myself.

These memories and flashbacks kept coming and going for a few minutes until I finally understood.

I understood that life is hardly concrete; if anything, the only thing we have as human entities is a massively eclectic volume of memories, feelings and thoughts that we can both subjectively and objectively draw back on. At this point, it hit me that life was nothing more than exactly what I was experiencing.

Life is a trip. A trip that travels to every last particle of the universe--yet ultimately nowhere--at the same time.

I couldn’t contain myself after coming to this realization.

“Steve,” I said.

Steve looked over. I could tell from the look in his eyes that he must have been experiencing the exact same thing as me. If it wasn’t the exact same thing, then it was pretty damn close.

He took a second to compose himself. He always did that.

“What?”

“Life is such a trip. When I think about it, the only actual thing I actually have is a random assortment of memories. How do I even know they’re real? How do I even know that I’m alive?

“You’re right, John,” he said. “Life is a trip. But I’m starting to think it’s more than just that.”

The leaves wouldn’t stop changing colors, but I made sure to keep my attention.

“Life is a dream.”

It was at that moment when I just lost it. With a giddy smile on my face, it was when I finally understood the fleeting and ethereal essence of life and all of its wonders. It was when I realized that life’s a bitch and then you die, but that it’s so much more than that. And it was at that moment when I finally knew that I loved my life and that I wouldn’t trade it for a thing in the world.

Old 07-10-2007, 10:55 PM

Well I didn't see this the first time around. I'll say that I've never done any drugs or anything, primarily out of fear of losing any kind of control. Somehow, I feel like I have all those thoughts daily, while sober. I'm always thinking about exsistence, etc. and pretty content and happy with my whereabouts.

I don't really know why I'm a life nit about drugs, just never saw a point for them.

My friend said, "But there's no reason not to."

Touche, perhaps, but I'll just take the dry road I suppose.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:20 PM

In my experience, Shrooms are the most valuable auditory drug. you just hear music in ways you have never heard before. Layers that have always been there become significant and noticeable.

It's also a part of why nature can be so amazing while shrooming. All the natural sounds that your mind natural shifts out of focus, become clear, and beautiful. Leaves rustling, the whistle of the wind, chirping of birds and crickets... these are things that your mind naturally removes from your focus... but become a part of the overall experience while shrooming.

A group of friends and I had taken shrooms back in the fall, and I ended up lounging in the hammock out under the trees. My mind raced, as it will tend to do on such a drug, and the image of the house clarified as what it really was: a wall designed to seperate my roommates and I from nature.

It's hard to describe the thought process that followed, but the best way to try was that nature tried to convince me to switch sides in the battle between my houshold and nature, and join it rather than fight it. my perception of the house as an anti-nature fortress still sticks with me.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:55 PM

AE you're right that there's no need to take drugs. If you're afraid of losing control, you should definitely not delve into that world. I would imagine that it would be terrifying for you. Much better if you're happy to go with it and see what happens, free of anxiety and pretensions.

That said, I would recommend to just about everyone I know except the people who would really freak out to try it at least once. It just opens doors that you might not otherwise consider. For instance, if you've read my posts here you know that I am very self-centered. My time while on mushrooms REALLY opened the door towards selfless thinking. Helped me realize that there doesn't need to be a rational reason - some things should be a certain way just because they should. It was like a revelation, and doing things by feel rather than reason has become much more rewarding for me. Reading what someone has written just doesn't do the experience justice; thinking can be completely different with psychedelics.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:44 AM

Also Ja, I consider myself well read, and this is one of the best sentences I've ever read (primarily for content): [ QUOTE ]
Ideally, being alive in and of itself should create happiness and wonder at every instant and every moment should be the best moment of my life, better than the preceding one because of gained experience and knowledge.

[/ QUOTE ]

It puts into words what I think all the time, and I'll probably never forget it. I'm hard to impress but I was very impressed by this post and the responses, and it's changed the way I think about drugs.
Old 07-11-2007, 01:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well I didn't see this the first time around. I'll say that I've never done any drugs or anything, primarily out of fear of losing any kind of control. Somehow, I feel like I have all those thoughts daily, while sober. I'm always thinking about exsistence, etc. and pretty content and happy with my whereabouts.

I don't really know why I'm a life nit about drugs, just never saw a point for them.

My friend said, "But there's no reason not to."

Touche, perhaps, but I'll just take the dry road I suppose.

[/ QUOTE ]

AE,
All it takes is a little peer pressure

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].

FWIW I had similar thoughts as you before trying weed/shrooms and I've become a fairly regular user in the last year (smoke 3 or so times a week, have shroomed twice and plan on tripping LSD sometime in the future). And I've gotta say, since drugs entered my life I've been more of a sane, reflective and even intellectual person than I ever was before. I've never had a year where I grew so much as a person.

That probably coincides with a lot of other things going on in my life, but I definitely think that weed/shrooms have played a role. Just my two cents.
Old 07-11-2007, 01:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]

AE,
All it takes is a little peer pressure

[/ QUOTE ]

I've "withstood" more than a little of this. Like, multiple times a day sometimes, having to go through the inquisiton because people find out I'm the permanent designated driver. It's kind of weird and makes me somewhat uncomfortable, because people's reaction to it is semi-retarded, but I live with it.