Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2007, 04:30 PM

Default Re: Which of these known female poker players could beat 4-8 NL online

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I thought we were trying to clear up the crap in NVG not add to it

[/ QUOTE ]

clear up the crap?..... or redundant clutter. i havent heard of this thread before but it sure does seem crappy in a funny "level" kind of way.

i say al"l" of th"e"m can win because t."v"., magazin"e"s and nationa"l" recognition says so.

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO its just a sexist rant by a player who probably dropped a few buyins to a woman player.

what else is the point of the thread considering we will never know and all you will get are 'levels'
Old 11-16-2007, 04:30 PM

I'm not sure that any of them can because I don't know if they can find such a thing as a 4/8 NL game.
They can't beat the game if it doesn't exist.

They don't have it on Stars, FT or AP at least.
Old 11-16-2007, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure that any of them can because I don't know if they can find such a thing as a 4/8 NL game.
They can't beat the game if it doesn't exist.

They don't have it on Stars, FT or AP at least.

[/ QUOTE ]

they have it on prima
Old 11-16-2007, 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Don't take is so personal. I was in no way calling her stupid. I am just saying she has a style of play that is very suited to tournaments. It isn't always easy to change up your style of play.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, sorry, i forgot.......beating 5/10 nl is right up there with rocket science and brain surgery.

[/ QUOTE ]

do you beat it?
Old 11-16-2007, 04:40 PM

Why do I get this creepy feeling you are stalking her right now. You might want to try and lighten up a little. Get out of the house once in a while.
Old 11-16-2007, 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you forgot vanessa selbst

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty confident that vanessa is a better cash NL player than anybody on OP's original list.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-16-2007, 04:46 PM

So sexism is OK, but if this thread was "Which of These Known [insert race here] Players..."

I'm new around here, just wondering.
Old 11-16-2007, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I thought we were trying to clear up the crap in NVG not add to it

[/ QUOTE ]

clear up the crap?..... or redundant clutter. i havent heard of this thread before but it sure does seem crappy in a funny "level" kind of way.

i say al"l" of th"e"m can win because t."v"., magazin"e"s and nationa"l" recognition says so.

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO its just a sexist rant by a player who probably dropped a few buyins to a woman player.

what else is the point of the thread considering we will never know and all you will get are 'levels'

[/ QUOTE ]

Well your opinion is wrong, and where is this "rant" your referring to? More like a list, I guess a list of females is sexist to you? Your obviously a 2+2 N00b, probably been lurking on this site for a year, and after learning some NVG vernacular you finally feel like you could fit in. Sure this thread may lead to alot of levelling, although it has not yet, but 90% of threads on NVG end up that way. It's evident you really want to fit into NVG so you must like it, so what else are you expecting from NVG but threads that don't end up in this levelling that you loathe so much? Sit back and continue to quote posts with "A+" rather than trying to make a name for yourself by questioning OP's thread choices.
Old 11-16-2007, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Don't take is so personal. I was in no way calling her stupid. I am just saying she has a style of play that is very suited to tournaments. It isn't always easy to change up your style of play.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, sorry, i forgot.......beating 5/10 nl is right up there with rocket science and brain surgery.

[/ QUOTE ]

do you beat it?

[/ QUOTE ]

well, i only used to be a mechanical engineer. would that be enough intelligence to beat the tricky skilled players at the 3/6 and 5/10?

pfffft, if one takes a solid tag aproach with no tilt issues to a 5/10 game, the game is easily beaten with half way decent game selection and a proper roll. nuff said.

if the op retitled his thread with who would "crush" these games........now that would be a different story.

to just come out a moderate winner at the 3/6 and 5/10 is not a demanding task. if any one of those chicks cant do that, then godbless sponsorships and donkaments.
Old 11-16-2007, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i bet that the number of rocket scientists + brain surgeons in the world > the number of people who beat 5/10 at greater than 4ptbb/100, esp post leg