Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Are you aware of the Internet Gambling Prohibition Act?
Yes 37 94.87%
No 2 5.13%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-15-2007, 03:07 PM

Default Re: Absolute Regulars Thread

[ QUOTE ]
how many tables you avg

[/ QUOTE ]

Never more than 4. Lots of times I have to single table {like right now} because I'm at work and supposed to be doing accounting stuff. i'm only averaging about 30K VIP points a month these days.

My downswings are usually caused by work. I hate my job and it frustrates me so I play poker to in a grumpy mood at force hours in when I have time and not when the tables are good.

If I had time to read a book or study, I might even pass for half way decent. good enough to life off the income for a while until I find a job I enjoy
Old 11-16-2007, 02:12 PM

Zomg-what's your wr at the 3/6 level..above even?
how many total hands?

I played almost all 3/6 tables last night...played pretty bad and had some tilt going, mostly from my the one 2/4 table I was playing ...fishy proceeded to hit 4 gutshots on the river...Trips,trips, trips,two pair ....all no good..goodbye -80bb

3/6 wasn't much better...

Also-I only seem to post in this forum when I'm running bad...blah blah

Frustrating that whenever I decide to play almost all 3/6 I seem to win less than 50% perecent with trips and the pots I do win are a big 3bb ...and of course lose the 20bb pots.

Whine over....for now
Old 11-16-2007, 03:08 PM

lol. beast, what is your BR at? Are you making sure you are properly rolled before you step up to 3/6? I know you don't play for a living so it doesn't seem like as big of a deal, but if you are properly rolled the bad runs don't hurt as much. When I first sat at a mid limit table I was so scared to lose a big pot because I was just taking a shot. Now that I have the BR for the mid limits I just play the game in terms of BBs, not $$. It really has helped my WR substantially. Make sense?

And BTW, you have a great deal at AP. Have you been taking advantage of the insane amount of reload bonii?
Old 11-16-2007, 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol. beast, what is your BR at? Are you making sure you are properly rolled before you step up to 3/6? I know you don't play for a living so it doesn't seem like as big of a deal,but if you are properly rolled the bad runs don't hurt as much. When I first sat at a mid limit table I was so scared to lose a big pot because I was just taking a shot. Now that I have the BR for the mid limits I just play the game in terms of BBs, not $$. It really has helped my WR substantially. Make sense?

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish this was true [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-16-2007, 03:30 PM

Hey Palo- roll is over 8k online, I just made a w/d realizing I'm not ready for 5/10 yet....not ready for a -1k day. You're correct, that I don't play for a living and sometimes I know I don't have the time as some of the regulars which makes a downswing worse in the fact it will take me longer to recover in terms of days. Yeah< I use almost all the reloads , and the deal is good...just not as good as yours...LOL

I'm probably just too results oriented in terms of $ and really don't see things in bb but more in terms of I'm up x amount this month or I'm down x amount this week.

I also sat in some bad tables which doesn't help any but I only had a limited time to play and I want to maximize my time...but still not a good idea to 4 table 3/6 when there are only a couple of decent tables going.

I honestly play more at 2/4 now even with my roll ... you or any other regulars notice any mistakes I've made in the past? I know I played with Nina and Zomg some last night and had a bit of tilt going so I'm sure there's probably some spew there, at least last night ..I know there was.

Actually have considered moving some of my action over to Stars after I hit my vip pts for the month just for a change.
Old 11-16-2007, 03:32 PM

Who are you?
Old 11-16-2007, 03:36 PM

bkssb
Old 11-16-2007, 03:43 PM

Names Familiar, but I dont remember you so that mean syou cant have been that juicy to me.

[ QUOTE ]
what's your wr at the 3/6 level..above even?
how many total hands?

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven tused PT in a long time. i play at work wher eI dont have it and database at home got screwed up and I got used to playing without. I really to get back on it, but I've never been that good at doing what I should.

I definately above even. I havent had a losing month before benefits since I started playing in June but I would say i'm much closer to break even that winning. After benefits I'm an easy winner. tough to tell how many hands becaus ei've play dwith out Pt and on sites where it wasnt allowed. Rough I'd guess close to 150K since June.
Old 11-16-2007, 03:59 PM

Yeah, it's not like I try to sit at the same tables as the regulars on this forum but a lot of time it is unavoidable. The mistake I make is playing at 4 35/19 tables with one or fewer fish per table...makes for some high variance
Old 11-16-2007, 04:04 PM

The only regular from this forum I seek out is Pal. But thats only because she never defends her BB, and of all the BB in the game its the best to steal.