Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications

Old 11-13-2007, 07:16 AM

Default Professional No Limit Hold \'em Vol 2- not to be?

I was just browsing the members only forum over at Stox poker and there was a thread asking some question about SPR's as outlined in the Flynn/ Mehta PNL book. Later in the thread another poster says something about waiting for volume 2 and then Stoxtrader himself jumps into the thread and says he is "pretty sure there isn't going to be a volume 2." Can anyone shed any light on why this might be the case and where Stox got this information?
Old 11-13-2007, 07:53 AM

Default Re: Professional No Limit Hold \'em Vol 2- not to be?

I'm not really an authority and don't have any involvement beyond the cover, but I don't think that's the case. Mason mentioned it in this month's internet magazine as an upcoming title and AFAIK he hasn't said anything about cancelling it.

Anything's possible, but yeah I'd be interested as to why Stox would have come to that conclusion.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:01 AM

I don't know, I guess when Stox speaks, I listen! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-13-2007, 08:06 AM

i wouldn't put too much stox in it for now

hyacha chahchchahcha
Old 11-13-2007, 11:20 AM

The authors are writing it, I know that. If there isn't going to be a book, ask Stox what the reason is. Is he planning on sabotaging the operation? Does 2+2 have some nefarious plot to derail the book unknown to the authors? This is all extremely suspicious, and I'm curious why a (supposely reliable) 2+2 author would make such a statement.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:36 AM

I'm thinking that someone, either Stox or the OP, confused PNL and WITHG. So when Stox said "There won't be a vol II" he was referring to WITHG.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm thinking that someone, either Stox or the OP, confused PNL and WITHG. So when Stox said "There won't be a vol II" he was referring to WITHG.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure what I was thikning, but I defniitely was not speaking about PNL. my fault, sorry.......

it was late, I got WITHG in my head - I may write another book, but it won't be vol 2 for LHE, that's what I was tlaking about.
Old 11-13-2007, 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure what I was thikning, but I defniitely was not speaking about PNL. my fault, sorry.......

it was late, I got WITHG in my head - I may write another book, but it won't be vol 2 for LHE, that's what I was tlaking about.

[/ QUOTE ]

How about WITNLHG?
Old 11-13-2007, 12:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The authors are writing it, I know that. If there isn't going to be a book, ask Stox what the reason is. Is he planning on sabotaging the operation? Does 2+2 have some nefarious plot to derail the book unknown to the authors? This is all extremely suspicious, and I'm curious why a (supposely reliable) 2+2 author would make such a statement.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is they are reason that you would jump to such a grand conspiracy theory rather then figure it was just an honest mistake. Calm down I think both Stox and the OP got things confused.

RZ
Old 11-13-2007, 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is they are reason that you would jump to such a grand conspiracy theory rather then figure it was just an honest mistake. Calm down I think both Stox and the OP got things confused.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lighten up Frances. No I don't actually think there's some "nefarious plot". By "extremely suspicious" I meant I doubt it got said or meant. Criminy, you're going to be a real barrel of monkeys at the holiday cocktail parties.