Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2007, 01:40 PM

Default Re: I play so so weakly

[ QUOTE ]
This guy flopped a set, no doubt about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

now that I thought the whole hand over again I come to the same conclusion. reraising preflop, c/c the flop + potsize bet on the river. set.
Old 09-20-2007, 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This guy flopped a set, no doubt about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you not think this is an incredibly horrible board for villain to slowplay a set on? If he really is check calling flop then checking turn with a set on that board then he it seems rather bizarre because it is so draw heavy. Granted he could well have a set but it just seems a rather scary board to slpowplay on. As played I would probably check behind on the flop b/c I expect to get c/r a lot there after a 3 bet preflop from a guy with those stats. If you are going to bet the flop, bet more. I think the river is pretty close.
Old 09-20-2007, 02:01 PM

Edit ... too many mushroom, I miss read the hand
Old 09-20-2007, 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well if you wanna just call preflop then I dont see what value you are getting from betting the flop. By calling preflop you are saying "gee im behind" which means you put villain on JJ+,AK, so what hand from that range are you getting value from with your flop bet? JJ wont call, and everything else has you beat (or chops) so youre turning your hand into a bluff. So for that reason, with your preflop action, you should check the flop behind and try and get to SD.

I dont really mind preflop too much against this really tight dude but as I say, if you flat call preflop, you've misplayed the flop. Dirty flop for you tho.

[/ QUOTE ]

I pretty much agree with you ama and I am not sure why I bet the flop
Old 09-20-2007, 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think you could have folded a lot earlier, like pf. What range do you think he rr with, KK+? Or QQ and AK when he is feeling frisky? Or a lot of dominated hands? The river is super easy fold, I am surprised you even thought twice about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

folding pf is uber weak, AK is a really strong hand...

[/ QUOTE ]
I have no idea what you are talking about. You realize this guy is really really tight right? What possible good can come from calling $5 here. Would you call a push pf from this guy? So many guys rr pf with KK+ and I see absolutely no reason why this guy isnīt one of them.

Tell me a range for this guy and why calling with AK is a good idea vs that range. I think "weak" is the single most overused and pointless word on this forum.
Old 09-20-2007, 03:56 PM

Check the flop, rep TT/99 and try get to showdown.

As played, i fold river too.

AK preflop seems to be a common problem at uNL due to the vary degree of "QQ shovers" and "QQ Callers"
And i actually dont mind folding it, since you miss alot and when you hit you scare the [censored] out of anything else and get stacked by AA, GG.

Edit: Oh wiat your button, i never fold this pre.
Old 09-20-2007, 03:59 PM

Jim, when players are this tight, i find their 3b range is often similar to their PFR range. I think calling in position is good.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:28 PM

Newbie said it.
We got position in the hand, we got AK against a tight preflop raiser, he made a very small reraise.
--> call

I dunno if he got a set here 100% of the time.
Actually his stats indicate that he is kinda weak player, doenst wanna lose too much money preflop. On the other hand, hero raised from the button and SB made a small 3bet, which could mean two things: 1. weakness, he tries to get us out of the pot, 2. strength, he got a monster JJ+,AK.

It is so weird. He check/calls the flop, and checks the turn again. He should see that hero is serious about his hand. Hero checks behind on the turn. He might feel you are weak and his AJs is good. Would he bet that much on the river with a set, when hero clearly shows he doesnt have a set.
I think a turn bet would have made things so much easier.
If he c/r, you can fold. If he c/c you got him.

I hope hero called the river bet, i am so curious.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:30 PM

I'm going broke on this hand. Bet the turn/call a shove. I really don't think stacks are deep enough to get away from this.

But with that said if you have enough confidence in your read/those stats are from a large enough sample - fine, but then check the flop. Certainly after betting the flop I don't think you can get away from this.

Is it possible villain is playing back at you on this hand? How often have you been going after his blind? Have you been caught out of line?

Interesting hand