Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2007, 02:53 PM

Default Slow play best here?

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 7 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $8.70
BB: $6.15
UTG: $4.70
UTG+1: $3.45
MP: $15.75
Hero (CO): $10.45
BTN: $11.55

Preflop: Hero is dealt 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (7 Players)
UTG calls $0.10, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.10, BTN calls $0.10, SB calls $0.05, BB checks

Flop: ($0.50) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5 Players)
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $0.30</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">BB raises to $0.60</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls $0.30

Turn: ($1.70) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $0.40</font>, Hero calls $0.40

River: ($2.50) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $0.40</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.50</font>, BB folds

Pot Size: $4.40 ($0.15 Rake)

I was very sure i had the best hand the whole way through, especially since he was in the big blind. I had put him on any jack.
My question is do you think a raise on the turn woulda shown more profit, i believe the queen scared him. Also what about my raise size on the river is it ok?
Old 09-20-2007, 02:57 PM

Default Re: Slow play best here?

flat calling the flop raise is fine given the drawless board - but i raise the turn - at some point he either has a hand to pay you off with or he doesn't.. turn is a good place to find out because if he does at least you can get 2 streets of value. If he doesn't you likely won't make much more by waiting to the river.
Old 09-20-2007, 03:15 PM

I think slowplaying this board is fine, but not against an idiot who minraises and underbets on all streets.
Old 09-20-2007, 03:48 PM

raise PF raise flop, raise turn etc. get money in the pot with your bong ass hand.
Old 09-20-2007, 03:59 PM

if it was HU, checking flop is cool.

As played, reraise that guy on the flop and get some chips in there.

Im fine with preflop if you feel it will get other callers.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:24 PM

Preflop limp is a no-no. Raise. If you had just raised preflop, you would have probably been able to stack him throughout the hand, simply because the pot would have been that much bigger.

On the flop, I like the call, since you are in position. Out of position, I'd 3bet this. However, on turn I think you have to raise. The turn was a good card for you, because it wasn't an overcard to a jack, so if he has a jack, he is probably still sitting pretty. I'd raise to about 1.2 or even as low as 1, just to get him to call.

As played would have been fine IMO if he made a real bet, showing that he's willing to get it in there. Like if he bet pot. I might have minraised in that case.

The river is a really [censored] card for us, since we've shown no real strength so far and then all of a sudden we are raising, it looks like we have a Q. This is why I would have raised his small donk on turn.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:44 PM

definitely raise the turn - his bet doesn't do your hand justice.