Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2007, 01:39 AM

Default 25NL - Steal attempted, flopped second pair, c-bet got min-raised

Villain is 46/1/1.6 after 100+ hands.

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 3 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $58.34
BB: $25.00
Hero (BTN): $29.35

Preflop: Hero is dealt 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $1.00</font>, SB calls $0.90, BB folds

Flop: ($2.25) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $1.50</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $3.00</font>, Hero calls $1.50

Turn: ($8.25) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $5.00</font>, Hero folds

Should I have led this flop?
What should I do if the turn card was not a diamond?
Old 09-20-2007, 01:53 AM

Default Re: 25NL - Steal attempted, flopped second pair, c-bet got min-raised

I think checking or betting the flop are both fine.. but as played I'd fold to the minraise
Old 09-20-2007, 01:54 AM

KInd of a trashy hand to play regardless of the situation, btu I'll steal with worse sometimes myself so I shall not comment on preflop [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Flop cbet is good, and I would probably just fold to the c/r, and I would definitely 100% always fold to the turn lead.
Old 09-20-2007, 01:56 AM

I think your lead-out is OK in this situation. I feel like villain was trying to find out where he was with the raise, and very well may have been on the draw.

The problem with your call on the flop indicates that you aren't the most happy with your hand either. It's possible that he planned to take it away on 4th once a scare card came anyway.

Remember to think about what kind of information each of your possible actions gives away. What sort of hand do you think he held raising the flop? Try to guide your actions with this in mind. If he's on a flush draw, make him pay for that.
Old 09-20-2007, 02:21 AM

Grunch:

So here is what I think about this hand...take it with a grain of salt as my short handed game is pretty weak.

Preflop: 3-Handed with position this *could* be ok. The problem here is that you are probably not folding out SB with those stats so it kind of depends on how he is postflop. If he is weak and likes to fold a lot when he misses then it isn't a bad play. If he tends to hold on to bottom pair or overcards then this is not so good.

Flop: Standard cbet. I may throw a little more out there dependent on how I have seen him react to larger cbets in the past (though 100 hands is not a huge sample). The min raise is troubling and it means one of 3 things:

1. He has a strong to huge hand and is trying to slow play it, but doesn't want to lose too much value.

2. He has a weak to medium strength hand and wants to push you off of your hand, but doesn't want to risk too much in doing so.

3. He has two [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]'s and he once read somewhere that you should raise your draws.

The real key here is having reads on this guy to tell you which of these is the most likely situation. The problem here is that in a 3-handed 25NL game a 46/1/1.6 is playing a ton of hands and is not terribly aggressive postflop. If all 100 hands with this guy have been 3 handed and he is at a 1.6AF then I probably let this go.

I do think that calling here is probably the worst move. If we think we are behind here then we have at most 5 outs. If we think we are ahead then we need to punish the draw. By simply calling we have shown weakness and are most likely exposing ourselves to a turn bet that we will most likely need to fold to as we have no idea where we actually are.

Turn: As it hits the flush has landed and the chance we are beat has increased. I think this is an easy fold here.

If the turn is a 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] or some other blank and he bets $5, I still think this is a fold, but logically as we played the flop as we did then we should call the turn bet as the hand has not changed in regards to villain's range.