Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2007, 06:38 PM

Default Re: Change to the sidebar: Feedback requested.

I dislike the sidebar because when I access twoplustwo from my mobile phone, I can no longer quickly navigate between forums. I have to go to the main index each time, then search for the appropriate forum that way.

As far as using it from my general PC, it is a small improvement I guess. I liked the old sidebar totally fine FWIW.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:01 PM

I think it's worth noting that most of the people who are against the sidebar for phone issues (yellowdoyle probably excepted) are POG nerds who want to play werewolf while they fine dine, sit in meetings, take a dump etc. "Excuse me honey I have to lynch amplify".

I use the sidebar extensively, as do most I suspect. Please do not get rid of it. But I don't get how it had to get noticeably wider. Some of the forum names still run over so that's not it. The expand all/collapse all line could be the culprit but I can't tell. And if I CTRL + mouse wheel the text size changes but since it's framed the width of it does not. Bummer.
Old 08-20-2007, 12:54 AM

I think it's worth noting that you're completely making [censored] up.
Old 08-20-2007, 01:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it's worth noting that you're completely making [censored] up.

[/ QUOTE ]
Right, much as a quick search revealed that you're a POGger.

I like to joke about the people that participate in that forum, it's all in good fun. But your post reveals a pretty blatant and possibly willful ignorance about the sidebar complaint. Other than the post above, every complaint I recall has been by someone that frequents POG. Thus my issue - why should the whole site bend for the few with their own agenda?

If you can refute this, then fine. But I doubt it.
Old 08-20-2007, 01:36 AM

h8er
Old 08-20-2007, 03:55 AM

Maybe you'd care to point out a single POGer that has complained in this thread? I count a handful that have expressed approval of the change and none that are against it.

And the following people have said they don't like it: kassdog, New York Jet, MusashiStyle, TomHimself, ImsaKidd (sort of), Homer (color complaint)

none of them have anything to do with POG

so maybe you would care to refute this
Old 08-20-2007, 08:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe you'd care to point out a single POGer that has complained in this thread? I count a handful that have expressed approval of the change and none that are against it.

[/ QUOTE ]

soah,

he was probably talking about nicholasp27's post.

on the other hand, that doesn't mean you're wrong; it's not like nich speaks for all of pog
Old 08-20-2007, 12:15 PM

Soah,

I forgot that you POGgers are like gremlins: you all seem cute and fuzzy enough but you have a nasty bite when you're messed with.

Anyway, I didn't just pull that factoid out of my ass: in this forum and encompassing multiple threads, there have been people who have asked for the removal of the sidebar, as they read 2+2 on their phone. It seems to me that the balance of these people have had high post counts which I surmised was from spending time in POG.

Furthermore, the complainants in this thread that you listed aren't complaining about its existence but rather its layout or some detail. They don't necessarily want it gone, just changed.
Old 08-20-2007, 12:56 PM

I'm not familiar with the software these phones use to browse the net, but presume that it can be detected by 2+2, just as can be the exact browser posters use on normal computers, as in Firefox or IE7 or whatever. If that is the case, then presumably all Kiera has to do to take care of these whiny pain-in-the-ass-POG-phone-using-nerds is to insert a short script to redirect those users to a different style sheet, similar to workarounds for older/other browsers.
Old 08-20-2007, 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The color clash with my blues theme gives me a headache. Is it possible to make the sidebar colors match the theme used when logged in?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes and done.