Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2007, 07:40 PM

Default Re: Heroes Bitching Thread, 10/15/2007

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I haven't seen this mentioned in any of the threads here but did anyone notice that the assassin who killed Nakamura was sliding their hand along the wall when they came out onto the roof, as if they might be blind?

[/ QUOTE ] Nakamura could not possibly be so stupid that he would talk to a blind man that came to kill him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I thought of that too but then again Sylar couldn't be so stupid that he would stand and watch as he got stabbed by a sword from 3 metres away, or [insert numerous other acts of stupidity that occur in this show]. Or, he might not have know that they were blind. Or they could be blind but still know where people are. And finally, Nakamura calls out "Ando?" before they come into view so he's probably screwed anyway.

This is probably not right of course but it struck me as strange when I saw it.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:58 PM

has Parkmans father ever been seen before?
Old 10-16-2007, 08:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah I thought of that too but then again Sylar couldn't be so stupid that he would stand and watch as he got stabbed by a sword from 3 metres away, or [insert numerous other acts of stupidity that occur in this show].

[/ QUOTE ] Each overpowered hero has his cryptonite. Sylar is bat [censored] insane. Peter and Hiro are both too soft hearted and insecure about themselves. And Hiro is afraid of breaking the time space continium. I think it would be worse if a character like Nakamura did something this dumb.

[ QUOTE ]
Or, he might not have know that they were blind. Or they could be blind but still know where people are. And finally, Nakamura calls out "Ando?" before they come into view so he's probably screwed anyway.

[/ QUOTE ] Yeah, these are valid points. He could possibly be blind.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
well it can't get much worse

[/ QUOTE ]

Boy were you wrong.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One promo I saw mentioned that the killer is someone the heroes already know, or it's one of them, or something.

I'm guessing it'll end up being Peter somehow, who's time warping around somehow.

[/ QUOTE ]

With that, the odds on Kensei are going up!
Old 10-16-2007, 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I found last episode promising. This will be exciting.

I don't think it's likely that kenzei is still around and unaged, at least not if he has exactly the same power as Claire. It's not a good idea in TV shows to have main characters that aren't supposed to age, as long as the actors do.

[/ QUOTE ]

It worked fine for Buffy/Angel even though the actors visibly aged. This requires a very, very minor level of suspension of disbelief. Also, in Claire's case, they got someone of the right age to play her when usually they get people in their mid-twenties to play highschoolers. She's got a solid decade of being high school aged in her. I would even say that the fact that they got someone so young to play Claire makes the nonaging thing more likely.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i meant bring them back after she kills them, not just bring back anyone.

and i wasn't under the impresssion that sylar could tell if someone had a power, just if he saw them using a power or if he got their name from suresh's list, am i wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

Charlie Wilcox (waitress with perfect memory power), it's not posible to see someone with that power.

[/ QUOTE ]

Untrue. He definitely spent time in the diner watching her to figure out what her power was and waited until he thought he knew to strike. She was very vocal about it after all.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Best episode of the season

[/ QUOTE ]

What? This was the worst episode of the season. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-16-2007, 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i quit this show in season 1 after the "save the cheerleader save the world" episode at her high school. WAY too much hype every week, not nearly enough delivery.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you quit watching it because you watch too many commercials? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-16-2007, 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the individual plots are kind of interesting, but the porblem is that they are all so disconnected and seemingly random, they are all going around doing their own [censored] that has nothing to do with a cohesive plot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just like the formula that worked for them in season 1!

The thing is, while that worked for an "origin" season, it's not a good plot device to use again.