Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2007, 03:15 PM

Default Re: $550 HU on Pokerstars

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
isn't the Ah one of his least likely holdings considering it gets checked behind pretty much every time here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Your turn bet suggests to him you have a queen or a 6. The queen on the river added to your check makes the queen less likely and he's hoping you have a 6 and will fold for a push.

Why would he push with a queen?

I would definitely call with as little as as a 6 against the player if he's as crazy as you describe. Against a good player it's much more difficult to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are thinking too advanced. Very few players are going to push with air when the only hand you are likely to fold is a 6. Usually its just a overbet valueshove, which makes perfect sense here especially for a player who doesn't realize that a good opponent would easily throw away everything but Q-full to a shove, and yet almost always call a smaller bet. The overbet would be a bluff from an advanced unknown much more often b.c. he is unlikely to pass up the guaranteed small value bet.
Old 05-24-2007, 04:14 PM

Villian is my friend and most definitely on tilt to be playing this high. I don't think you ever see him show up with a Q here.
Old 05-25-2007, 04:42 AM

I would fold on the river. Villian probably had a Q, hence the value overbet.
Old 05-25-2007, 12:33 PM

shouldn't you bet the river here? I would insta-call in this spot FWIW. He's not going to shove all in here and will want value from his hand if he really got teh backdoor boat. Looking at his sharkscope #s could help us realize this a little better IMO.
Old 05-25-2007, 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he's been playing pretty crazy/bad but don't have a great read. never played him before.. Thoughts??

Seat 1: GreenEyes017 (1245 in chips)
Seat 2: BCM11 (1755 in chips)
GreenEyes017: posts small blind 15
BCM11: posts big blind 30
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to BCM11 [Ad 4s]
GreenEyes017: raises 60 to 90
BCM11: calls 60
*** FLOP *** [4h 4c 6h]
BCM11: checks
GreenEyes017: checks
*** TURN *** [4h 4c 6h] [Qh]
BCM11: bets 120
GreenEyes017: calls 120
*** RIVER *** [4h 4c 6h Qh] [Qc]
BCM11: checks
GreenEyes017: bets 1065 and is all-in

[/ QUOTE ]

Call. Hard to put him on a thought process here, since jamming doesn't make sense with anything, but he is at least as likely to be on a pure bluff (or an ace and trying to prevent a split -- you know people do make plays that brain-dead) as a Q. When I can't put the opponent on a thought process and I have no good read, I assume "tilt" and call.

One more piece of information that would be useful is how much time he took to jam. A long hesitation would make me less likely to call. An insta-jam says spur-of-the-moment, wild-hair tilt play.

Oh - one question, why on Earth did you check the river? You probably get paid off by an ace or a six, maybe even a king. If you checked to induce a bluff, well, it worked, right?!?