Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2007, 01:14 AM

Default Kentucky Derby Party

I want to have a Kentucky Derby party, where I invite friends who are mostly non-gamblers. There were a few issues that I was wondering if this forum could help with:

1. I'd like to have some sort of large display so that guests can actually see current odds in a way they can understand. If someone could point me to a "horse betting for dummies" link that would be great. Something to explain exactly what the exotics are, and how those bets work, etc. would be great.

2. I'd like some way that people can place bets. Most people would probably want to bet like $1 or $5. I don't actually want to make any money off of this. It's just for fun, as most of these people never gamble, and losing $10 on a bet is a big deal to some of them. I was thinking I could take their bets and route all action through tradesports or something. Does anyone have a recommended site for such small action? I also need a way that I can get money into the site before the Derby to cover the action. Also, I'd like to do this in the most legal way possible. It would be great if I could have party every year and not get busted for running a gambling ring. Maybe I could find a real off-track horse-betting place and phone in bets?

Anyway, I appreciate any advice on this. BTW, Derby Day parties rule, an I highly recommend them:

Lots of girls show up to the party to show off their big flowery hats.

Everyone gets smashed on mint julips.

It's an excuse to rent a pony

Bar-B-Q

Everyone gambles.

It's like the St. Patrick's Day of the south.
Old 04-19-2007, 02:14 AM

Default Re: Kentucky Derby Party

You're in luck. Gambling on horse racing via the internet was protected by Frist's action last year. While banning all other forms of internet gambling, horse racing was specifically protected. Churchill Downs Inc. will be starting their own site soon at:

twinspires.com

Other sites that can be used include:

youbet.com

and

tvgnetwork.com

Enjoy and let me know how the search goes.