Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: USC 7-1
1 0 0%
2 0 0%
3 1 2.70%
4 2 5.41%
5 1 2.70%
6 5 13.51%
7 9 24.32%
8 6 16.22%
9 6 16.22%
10 7 18.92%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 02:15 AM

Default Re: AP, rigged, etc. #8981.4 - the plot thickens

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dead on Impact,

Plz ask when cash players will be compensated

[/ QUOTE ]

well, I for one am willing to wait a week or 2 if it means that the audit will be more thorough and catch as many super-user accounts as possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am too...was just curious what the timeframe was....doubt that info will be given though
Old 10-23-2007, 02:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was told that someone saw STEAMROLLER sitting at a limit table with either 500k or 1 million about 7-8 months ago...the person that told me about this is also a regular high stakes limit player so i beleive it is true. Not saying 7 million is beleivable but we all feel STEAMROLLER was a superuser and if he had made that much somehow before we all knew about him (at least I had not heard of STEAMROLLER before the last few months) it could be possibly these guys could have been skimming for a long time without our knowledge and making large sums of money that could be in the range of millions...

[/ QUOTE ]

I know about the STEAMROLLER flashes of 500k.

I also can tell you that STEAMROLLER was not a regular enough player to have won that kind of money -- not even close.

I believe that he had an artifically inflated bankroll, since AJ and Scott could basically enter any numbers they wanted. Obviously that amount could not be cashed out without scrutiny, so they probably didn't even try it.

This does raise the possibility that AJ or Scott plugged phony numbers into accounts and then cashed them out, but that probably would have been detected at some point. If this did occur, at least it came from AP and not players like us.

One thing I can tell you for certain is that STEAMROLLER did not win 500k on AP prior to his recent bout of cheating.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If we believe the story that AJ Green bought in as an investor at some point after startup... how do he and Tom cross paths to know each other?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nine.com and AP are in the same office building in CR.

Re: 7 million: Both Tom and Green had full, unrestricted access to do whatever they wanted with cashouts at both AP and UB (post sale) for quite a while. It is entirely possible that there were multiple scams going on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming Joe Norton became the real rather than nominal owner, why didn't he put his own trusted people on site, to protect his interests?

there are a lot of different ways to skim money on a poker site. Over 3 years that's about 1100 days at 6k a day it's 6.5+ Million. If any of us had access to this winning 6k a day not only possible it'd take about less than an hour across different limits/game types.

It being an incestous pool probably filled with old friends, family, frat bros etc. I think 7 mill is very easily doable. Do they offer stud, PL, PLO, SNG, etc. Spread around it'd be impossible to track and I think the previous users with access were probably smarter (of course this is not what potripper's MO is in that 1 tourney)
Old 10-23-2007, 02:18 AM

can people who speak to AP please (where possible) record the phone calls?
Old 10-23-2007, 02:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
there are a lot of different ways to skim money on a poker site. Over 3 years that's about 1100 days at 6k a day it's 6.5+ Million. If any of us had access to this winning 6k a day not only possible it'd take about less than an hour across different limits/game types.

It being an incestous pool probably filled with old friends, family, frat bros etc. I think 7 mill is very easily doable. Do they offer stud, PL, PLO, SNG, etc. Spread around it'd be impossible to track and I think the previous users with access were probably smarter (of course this is not what potripper's MO is in that 1 tourney)

[/ QUOTE ]

They offer all games...but none of them ever ran prior to 6 months ago....and even now its only low limits
Old 10-23-2007, 02:19 AM

the two biggest problems with the 7 mill estimate:

1.)Why the sudden change in playing styles? As far as I know, no one has been playing 95/80 or w/e and winning.

2.)The idea that these "ballers" are going to patiently grind out msnl or ssnl seems very unlikely to me.
Old 10-23-2007, 02:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the whole point. This scam was not smart. It was reckless and painfully obvious.

I find it unlikely that these brilliant criminal minds, who had been perfectly skimming 6k/day for 3 years, suddenly decided to be complete retards and totally give away their whole scam. They were complete retards from the start. I don't think these egotistical jerkoffs had even 10% of the self-control necessary to pull off a long-term small-increment scamming of the games.
Old 10-23-2007, 02:20 AM

I read in an earlier thread that Nines and Absolute were in the same office building in Costa Rica and that is likely how they first met.
Old 10-23-2007, 02:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If I could only win $7 million undetected with superuser powers, I would consider myself quite wealthy.

gg

[/ QUOTE ]
Closed Thread