Default PLO25: Middle set in raised pot

Full Tilt Poker $0.10/$0.25 Pot Limit Omaha Hi - 5 players
Hand Converter Tool from DeucesCracked.com

Button: $26.25
SB: $46.70
BB: $28.35
UTG: $9.75
CO: $24.65

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="#FF0000">UTG raises to $0.85</font>, CO folds, Hero calls $0.85, SB calls $0.75, BB calls $0.60.

Flop: ($3.40) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#FF0000">UTG bets $3.40</font>, <font color="#FF0000">Hero ??</font>

If UTG weren't a shorty I'd probably be calling with position and hoping for a decent turn, but since he's got nearly half his stack in do I have to just shove and hope? No read, he only sat down a hand or two ago.
Old 10-14-2007, 06:04 PM

Default Re: PLO25: Middle set in raised pot

I fold this hand preflop on button. Your flushes will almost never be live and your sidecards are horrible. That said you need to get it in now. There are too many bad cards for you to wait for the turn.
Old 10-14-2007, 07:30 PM

pot
Old 10-14-2007, 07:45 PM

If you want your best chances of taking down a decent pot, then pot it now. I'm pretty greedy though and sometimes I like to smooth-call here hoping either for a raise from the SB or BB trying to "protect" their rag 2 pair, or am willing to take a chance giving the blinds a cheap turn. UTG is going to get it in either way I feel like. By smooth-calling in this spot, you give yourself the chance for a bigger pot, but also obviously risk losing what in this spot looks like a solid pick-up anyways. The reason I like the smooth call here is because you have position on everyone and even if a flush or str8 hits the turn, the blinds are oftentimes going to stupidly check it anyways and give you a chance to catch up on the river.