Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2007, 11:17 PM

Default Ribbo\'s video

Just watched Ribbo's shorthanded video here: http://ribmeister.livejournal.com/219654.html

Good video overall, I'd recommend watching it if you haven't seen it yet. A few comments/questions:

-You say in the vid something to the effect "my style is basically making a standard raise preflop and only bet the flop if I hit something" Is there a reason you generally don't c-bet when you whiff? I find c-betting to be very +EV and will cbet virtually any flop if I was preflop raiser and there are 3 or less players in the pot.

-In raised pots, you seem to bet half pot with your marginal hands and draws and full pot with your monsters. This seems very exploitable if you don't mix it up.

-Your bet sizing seems to be generally on the small side, both on your bluffs, made hands, and draws. Except for certain circumstances, I generally just bet a little less than pot on the flop then mash the pot button on the turn and river. What do you think of these two different approaches? I like my approach as I like to charge the max and have maximum fold equity (though ironically sometimes people will fold less to PSBs than 2/3 PSBs, but it all evens out since in those cases you'll get paid off more on your strong hands)

-You seem to always raise less than pot preflop. Is there a good reason for this? I like to have as much money in the pot as possible preflop with my raisable hands.

-In one hand you raise with 88xx otb. Flop is K85 w/ 2 spades I believe. BB leads, you call. Turn is a blank. He leads again, you say "I really think he has kings" and pitch it. This seems really nitty to me unless you had a read that he'll only donk into the pfr with very strong hands and not draws and isn't likely to play a hand with 55 in it. Do you often make these kind of laydowns?

Do you still play more or less the same way you played in this vid? Not trying to knock your game or anything, as you obviously know how to play this game, making 16k or whatever last month at 1/2. Your style is very different from mine though, and I'm interested to hear your reasons for these differences as I most likely have a lot to learn.
Old 10-09-2007, 05:11 AM

Default Re: Ribbo\'s video

Each video link for me goes to a dead page: http://www2.bigupload.com/oops.php

???
Old 10-09-2007, 05:45 AM

Ribs would be another player i would like to see do a well. unfortunatly, i think there would be a fair bit of pie slinging.......
Old 10-09-2007, 08:12 AM

Is there any chance of someone re-uploading this please? I'd really like a glimpse of how 2+2's upper crust live.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Each video link for me goes to a dead page: http://www2.bigupload.com/oops.php

???

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm, it worked for me yesterday.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:02 PM

1) Points 2 and 3 in the OP contradict each other, DUCY?
2) Ribs loves to try and get people to bluff or come over the top of him by looking weak
3) I think the lack of c-betting is for either pot control HU on a crazy board or pertains more to multi-way pots (also he doesn't believe in fold equity)
4) 88 was a trip to nitville
Old 10-09-2007, 05:28 PM

I have the videos, and have been meaning to thank Ribbo for making them.

Ribbo thinks about the game very very differently to what I did, and to what I see in advice from other sources. I have found these videos improved my play considerably.

I'm not sure how helpful they would be to good players, but I don't see how they could hurt.
Old 10-09-2007, 05:35 PM

Can anyone upload them again?
Old 10-09-2007, 07:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if you tell me how to do it I will
Old 10-09-2007, 08:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if you tell me how to do it I will

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, you can go to megaupload.com and make an account and upload them there. Or you can send them to my gmail account so I can keep them for myself! muahahaha