Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2007, 12:04 PM

Default Computer Freezing

My computer keeps freezing whenever i go to different websites and then i have to reboot. The only thing im able to do with out it freezing is play poker.. lol. Any ideas?
Old 06-21-2007, 02:03 PM

Default Re: Computer Freezing

Well, what browser are you using when it is "freezing"? And when it is "freezing", can you hit ctrl+alt+del and see the running processes? If so, check to see what process is at 99%. Are there any error messages? Have you tried updating the browser (if it's firefox, update it ... if it's IE, download all current updates).

I mean that's just the start - it could be a ton of things. The way your PC doesn't "freeze" when playing poker sorta leads me away from a hardware issue.
Old 06-21-2007, 02:56 PM

When it freezes i cant do anything and i am forced to restart. The mouse wont even move. Could it have anything to do with no having a genuine windows program? I get a message that says my windows is not genuine when i sign on and it asks if i would like to correct the problem. I bought that computer 2 years ago used.
Old 06-21-2007, 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When it freezes i cant do anything and i am forced to restart. The mouse wont even move. Could it have anything to do with no having a genuine windows program? I get a message that says my windows is not genuine when i sign on and it asks if i would like to correct the problem. I bought that computer 2 years ago used.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not having a genuine copy of Windows will not make your PC freeze, Microsoft isn't that cruel. Well, maybe they are but they would have huge problems if the did that lol.

But anywho, I guess that pretty much screws up the idea of updating your internet explorer.

And plus, you didn't answer a lot of my questions - for instance, what browser are you using when this happens?
Old 06-21-2007, 04:32 PM

I just use regular internet explorer. But the thing is its not only the internet explorer.. I think it happens when i click on to too many windows or maybe click too fast. Anyway, im probably gonna get a new one anyway. Thanks for trying to help.
Old 06-21-2007, 04:38 PM

No problem for helping, but it is probably a good idea to just get a new system - or at the minimum, a legit copy of Windows.

It could be a software problem in the aspect that all of your resources are being taken up when you run too many things, or it could be a hardware issue that your system just does not have enough resources to run well.

I just found it odd that your PC could not handle a couple IE windows but it can handle a buggy, memory-hogging poker client.

good luck.