Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2007, 09:49 PM

Default Re: fold JJ on raggy flop too weak?

jfish u know i am right.
Old 08-19-2007, 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
lol @ folding.

Unless you have a specific read that he has AA/KK here 99% of the time, this is a snap shove.

[/ QUOTE ]

You do realize that AQ of hearts is over 60% against my JJ? This does NOT have to be an overpair to have me in bad shape.
Old 08-19-2007, 02:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He may be firing into you for reasons already mentioned, he's looking to induce a bluff/shove from your missed AK/AQ etc. Or, he has previous info on you that suggests he can fold out hands like marginal overpairs. If thats the case, his range includes plenty of air and certainly includes 88 thru TT.

You are also "beating" heart draws, although almost all of these will consist of AhKh/AhQh or combo draws.

[/ QUOTE ]

You do realize that "inducing a shove" implies he has me crushed, right? And how often can you say he has pure air here - taking into the fact that he knows i'm very aggro? At this point you are almost conceding that this is NOT an easy push - as you concede that i'm only beating air or 88-TT (and those pairs seem HIGHLY unlikely).

[/ QUOTE ]

fine Irish, your line is standard. nice fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have difficulty understanding the extreme sarcasm, and it really makes me not want to bother posting hands at all. I posted b/c i was lost, and am stating my thought processes for purposes of discussion. Granted he could be bluff-stabbing w/ air...or 88, but I really thought he WANTED me to push. and I think its pretty damn close w/ JJ, as i'm behind any combo draw or any bigger pair. But maybe i'm way off base - it was just my read at the time. Obviously a lot of people vehemently disagree.

[/ QUOTE ]

irish, my sarcasm is used because you seem to disagree with very standard advice. you are ahead of his hand range here... what don't you see?