Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2007, 06:13 PM

Default Is it simply variance?

I just attempted to move up in limit with zero success and I would like some advice:

Played 8000 hands at micro 0.01/0.02 NL Hold'EM 6-max
VP$IP=26%
BB/100=23
Won$SD=57%
I actually played 1cent/2cent for 3 or 4 months before getting poker tracker so I don't have all my play databased. I won $75 on the above 8000 hands but made roughly $400 before I got PTracker playing same 6-max 1c/2c tables.

So I figured I would give 0.02/0.05 NL Hold'EM 6-max a shot.
4700 hands
VP$IP=26%
BB/100=(5) (negative 5)
Won$ at SD = 51%
Lost $24

So I have since dropped back down to regain some confidence but i'm curious about the drastic difference in the bottom line and if it may be just a bad run of cards.

I can provide other stats if that is helpful but looking at the ring game stat summaries they appear pretty comparable (although I'm pretty new to PTracker and all the stats.) I also felt like I was playing the same sort of game.

Should i give it more time at 2c/5c after regaining some confidence or do I need to change my game drastically before i try to move up again?

Thanks for any advice. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

No need to reply saying I suck because I'm aware of that if I can't beat micro 2c/5c
[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-19-2007, 06:20 PM

Default Re: Is it simply variance?

I dont think their is a big difference between the two levels at all but i think that if your playing without a lot of confidence then your game is probably off a bit. I'd review my sessions and see if your making bad plays or email your hh to somebody and let them review it and/or drop down build confidence back up and then try again.
ps. send me pm and i'll review your hand historys if u dont have anybody else...
Old 10-19-2007, 07:01 PM

Stats are nice but they're just the tip of the iceberg concerning your game. Post a few hands here that you feel gave you the most trouble.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:07 PM

what's your pfr%, another question is that do you feel uncomfortable about the stakes?(afraid to cbet because the amount of money is bigger than usual game)
Old 10-19-2007, 07:22 PM

Don't try and alter your play any different to how you play the 1 cent/2 cent tables. If you have a big enough bankroll, i'd recommend you keep playing the 2 cent/5 cent tables and play the same way.

Take this advice with a pinch of salt if you wish, because i'm still a beginner myself.

Read this:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...Number=7392389