Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: traz
Exactly what I expected 0 0%
Pretty much what I expected 2 8.70%
Kinda what I expected 2 8.70%
Not really what I expected 11 47.83%
Definitely not what I expected 8 34.78%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2007, 09:43 PM

Default Re: Beat: Absolute is *actually* rigged (serious) (read me)

[ QUOTE ]
weren't there similar suspicions awhile back about some character referred to as DERB? don't know what site, but I think it was high stakes limit HE. uh, whatever happened with that?

[/ QUOTE ]

it was Party Poker, and there was a supposed vauge Sklansky tie-in if I remember correctly, like DS knew some of the people involved but that they were actually just testing some far out new LHE theory in some third world country or something - I too would like to see whatever became of that, but I haven't seen anything

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I posted this thread last a few days ago. While mostly I play lower stake NL games, I've also played my share of high limit games up to 30-60 limit. I've been saying for months now that something weird is going on.

My Thread

[/ QUOTE ]

yes the bad beats in that thread are exactly because he knew your hole cards.

people, stop sucking at poker plz.

[/ QUOTE ]

Before you make a predictable, retarded statement go ahead and look at the hands, because you obviously didn't. While it wasn't a situation where he knew my hole cards, it was a weird situation where he got in with the worst everytime and hit everytime. It was almost like he knew the OUTCOME of the cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, you see, this thread is not about the RNG at all, as you'd know if you'd seen that hand where the guy gets it in with A6 vs. T9 on a 762x board and loses.

[ QUOTE ]
This is terrible for online poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could be a blessing in disguise if it serves as an impetus for poker sites to develop standards and practices and conform to them, or if it causes them to be regulated by an agency with actual teeth and not a fake one like kahnawakee.
Old 09-15-2007, 09:44 PM

im glad i know about this, even though it doesnt affect me directly but

whats the point of having this thread up? besides for the few players who play against him to know?
Old 09-15-2007, 09:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Speaking of which, i cant possibly understand why a mod would move such a thread - is 2+2 is the market of protecting cheating and scamming or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

BicycleKick made a mod decision to temporarily move the thread (for what I think are obvious reasons) from the Hstakes LHE forum to the mod forum for further discussion. Adanthar made a mod decision to notify the forums as it was discovered this could be potentially more widespread than just hiStakes LHE.

All of these snap decisions have taken place in the past few hours, there is no concerted scheming involved.

The thread was open for display in the LHE forum for a little while now, did you realize it was there? Do you want to be personally notified of every 'ZOMG RIGGED' hypothesis that is posted on 2p2? Please keep the question I quoted,

[ QUOTE ]
Speaking of which, i cant possibly understand why a mod would move such a thread - is 2+2 is the market of protecting cheating and scamming or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

to yourself because quite frankly it is disrespectful and ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is obviously ridiculous. Did you think i thought 2+2 LLC were in cahoots with these cheats and its a conspiracy the size that Loose Change couldnt fathom?

Obv it isnt disrespectful either, lol. Since i clearly wasnt being serious, how can i be disrespectful?

Either it is an attempt to put a cover on it till absolute freezes them or it makes no sense whatsoever. And the fact that this thread is here with all the info proves that it cant be A. In fact, if this thread wasnt here most of 2+2 wouldnt know about the whole thing at all.

I didnt see the origional thread because i dont read the LHE forums. Yes, i do want to be notified of every ZOMG rigged hypothesis. PM will be fine, thanks dude.
Old 09-15-2007, 09:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I posted this thread last a few days ago. While mostly I play lower stake NL games, I've also played my share of high limit games up to 30-60 limit. I've been saying for months now that something weird is going on.

My Thread

[/ QUOTE ]

This is going to be the most annoying part about all of this. That every idiot in the world is going to come out of the woodwork without having read the thread or even know whats what, just so they can say "See, I was right, I told you guys", when in fact they are still just retarded and this incident has nothing to do with whatever asinine reason they had for believing it was rigged.

[/ QUOTE ]

Moron...I said in my post that I've seen stuff in games as high as 30-60 limit that were just weird. Stuff I hadn't seen a lot in my 7 years of playing online. While that post I linked you to may just be some donk that got super lucky against me (9 buy ins in 35 hands), it is just something to think about.

Is it not conceivable that maybe there is someone lurking the lower stakes games who know the OUTCOME of the community cards? He made $1100 in 35 hands playing .50-1 NL. If he could do that every day and stay beneath the radar, he would make almost 400K a year.

But, yeah you're right, it's impossible for AP to be rigged. I'm just another retard spewing about bad beats.
Old 09-15-2007, 09:45 PM

Also I looked it up, and there were 2 other possible rigged sites:
http://www.pokertips.org/strategy/blacklist.php
Old 09-15-2007, 09:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Either it is an attempt to put a cover on it till absolute freezes them or it makes no sense whatsoever. And the fact that this thread is here with all the info proves that it cant be A.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it is A. Its just that different mods didn't all get on board with it, because it all happenned to quickly, and everyone seems to be doing something else.
Old 09-15-2007, 09:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

My Thread

[/ QUOTE ]

yes the bad beats in that thread are exactly because he knew your hole cards.

people, stop sucking at poker plz.

[/ QUOTE ]

Before you make a predictable, retarded statement go ahead and look at the hands, because you obviously didn't. While it wasn't a situation where he knew my hole cards, it was a weird situation where he got in with the worst everytime and hit everytime. It was almost like he knew the OUTCOME of the cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok bro, but that is another subject altogether. I remember that thread and it was good and entertaining and i'm sorry you suffered a very harsh string of beats, but that is not the discussion here.

On a similar note, this also isn't about AP's general cashout problems, or the specific problem they were encountering when they were switching payment processors.

Keep it on track plz, we're looking for actual contributory evidence.
Old 09-15-2007, 09:49 PM

Propoker was discussed here long ago. Is Choice Poker the other site you mention? They weren't rigged, they were just a sleazy Dobrosoft (now DGN) licensee.
Closed Thread