Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2007, 06:06 AM

Default Im [censored]

Cliff notes at bottom

Ok so im a 25$ NL Grinder, and have about 500$ online, and 5$ in my bank account, and i made probably the stupidest decision of my life.

About an hour ago, i played a ncaa 2008 football game for 20$, and won it, so this kid challenged me to flip a coin, win i get 40, lose were even. So i accept, and he wins the flip.

So being in the perfect mental state i was in, i decide to open flip him for 50$. Basically there are four of us hanging out drinking and playing PS2, and he starts talking [censored] to me and [censored], im drunk and want to prove him wrong.

So we flip it, i call heads and it lands tails. My group of friends break out basically screaming, and at this point im kind of angry and certainly drunk, i challenge him to double or nothing. I call heads again, and it lands tails AGAIN. At this point i probably should of just walked away, as 100$ is a [censored] lot of money to me, and i really dont even have the money in real life.

But no, i challenged him again. At this point, he thought i was joking and kind of laughed about it with my friends. But i was completely serious, and then he said something to me like, "You realize you ACTUALLY owe me 100$, and that if we flip and i win you seriously owe me 200$." I told him of course i know, and i am completely serious.

So we flipped again, i called heads, and once more it lands tails. Now the other people not involved in this have kind of gotten quiet, because i just lost a 200$ flip and this was getting really intense. At this point i challenged him to another flip, and now he started saying he actaully didnt want to flip any more, because he really just wanted the money. At this point my best friend there said that we have always done double or nothing if the loser requests it, and that this is teh same deal.

Well finally we agree, and i swear to [censored] god, i call heads again and that [censored] [censored] lands tails. At this point im 400$ in the hole and [censored] furious, but im not done yet. I say look, this is it, last one, i am going to pay you either way, but we have to have one LAST flip, for the end of this. If i lose i will pay you, win we are even.

Maybe it was the alcohol, maybe it was the amount of money at stake, maybe it was my drunken rage, but he agreed to one last flip.

So on this flip, i call tails, and to my [censored] worst fear, that [censored] comes up heads. I stormed out of the room and walked back to my suite at my university.

So Cliff Notes: I'm 800$ in the whole, there are witnesses, and i have no where near close to the money, ideas? (Im not really friends with the kid.)
Old 09-13-2007, 06:09 AM

Default Re: Im [censored]

Cash out
buy gun
kill kid, run his wallet
No questions here, just
PROFIT
Old 09-13-2007, 06:10 AM

kill him
Old 09-13-2007, 06:11 AM

boooooooooooooooooooo
Old 09-13-2007, 06:12 AM

Do they know where u live? Are these people that u see on a regular basis?
Old 09-13-2007, 06:13 AM

The kid i was flipping with is kind of a casual friend ive seen a couple times, because he is a friend of my friend, if that makes sense.
Old 09-13-2007, 06:13 AM

You're an idiot, heads were so overdue that bet was like +$500 EV for you on the river
Old 09-13-2007, 06:16 AM

yeah cause heads is more likely on the river there
Old 09-13-2007, 06:16 AM

Well imo the best plan is to be straight forward with him. Tell him that u cant pay him all the money, and try to setup some payment plan. He should be cool with this (u hope) since during this whole escalation of money he was never gonna have to pay if he lost. Who knows maybe he will even feel kinda sorry and shave a couple C-Notes off your debt.
Old 09-13-2007, 06:18 AM

Yeah that seems like a decent plan buti dont have a way to make the money except poker, where i basically grind for break even poker.