Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2007, 06:11 PM

Default Re: first taste of high stakes, how is my play?

UK,

He did make an impressive call in this position which he may have done out purely for feel and information. I think if you take a different line on the hand you make him calling far more difficult. For example strength would have been better represented by a flop bet, than a percieved steal bet on the turn, or possibly with running a double barrel bluff, obviously you have considered this. But, if your opponent is aware that you are willing to bet a monster on the flop and then check or fire the whole way, this should be a more successful line than a turn bet, followed by demonstrated heavy 'value' bluff bet.

-Flow
Old 07-04-2007, 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
what did he call u with

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

AQ high

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont hate his call considering the circumstances against an unknown
Old 07-04-2007, 06:53 PM

i dont hate the call either, although i think it is -EV in the long run. and i think the fact that i am unknown to him is not relevant enough to warrant a call

flow, i agree, when he checks to me on the flop i think a nice double barrel flop and turn bet would get him off his hand. although, he picked up the flush draw along with the gutter on the turn (he had hearts), and i think i would have been raised off my bluff anyways...no matter how i see it, i think the only chance i have is pushing the river, and against lars, thats not much of a chance for me anyways
Old 07-04-2007, 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i dont hate the call either, although i think it is -EV in the long run. and i think the fact that i am unknown to him is not relevant enough to warrant a call

flow, i agree, when he checks to me on the flop i think a nice double barrel flop and turn bet would get him off his hand. although, he picked up the flush draw along with the gutter on the turn (he had hearts), and i think i would have been raised off my bluff anyways...no matter how i see it, i think the only chance i have is pushing the river, and against lars, thats not much of a chance for me anyways

[/ QUOTE ]

definitly remember the line you took here