Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2007, 01:53 PM

Default TPTK + NFD vs 3 players

I don't have the HH so I'll type this out. Anyway $.25/.5 6-max on FTP. It's my first orbit, but I sat out and watched the table for 2 orbits prior to posting BB. The table seems very loose/passive overall, esp button. Everyone has about a full stack, except button, who has about 2 buy-ins.

Dealt to Hero: A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Hero raises UTG $2, MP1 calls $2, CO calls $2, Button calls $2, SB folds, BB calls $1.5.

Flop ($10.5): 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

BB checks, Hero bets $7, MP1 calls $7, CO calls $7, Button calls $7, BB folds "holy ****!"

Turn ($38.5): 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Hero???
Old 01-05-2007, 01:59 PM

Default Re: TPTK + NFD vs 3 players

I pot the flop...

I don't know if this is the correct play, but I shove the turn. I don't believe your up against any sets. Your most likely against people who are on draws...
Old 01-05-2007, 02:00 PM

you are ahead a lot of time here, one of the overcaller might be slowplaying but with all the dead money, id shove on turn.

might get 2 pair to fold and that'd be nice.
Old 01-05-2007, 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I pot the flop...

I don't know if this is the correct play, but I shove the turn. I don't believe your up against any sets. Your most likely against people who are on draws...

[/ QUOTE ]

+1. Pot the flop, and as played, shove the turn.

I think you're ahead more than you think here.
Old 01-05-2007, 02:17 PM

I think I might actually check the turn here. I don't see a lot of point on pushing the turn because I can't see any second best hands or draws calling you. Also, pushing scares out the very hands you want in the pot-like lower flush draws,KQ,QJ. If it checks through its not that big of a deal because the only second best hands drawing live against you are J9 and KJ and they have only six clean outs. By checking you could induce a bet from KQ or a semi-bluff from a drawing hand. If someone else bets, I don't think hero can fold. I dunno, I think by checking you increase the odds of getting a second best hand to put more money in the pot. If you think a second best hand will call on the flop, then by all means push.
Old 01-05-2007, 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I might actually check the turn here. I don't see a lot of point on pushing the turn because I can't see any second best hands or draws calling you. Also, pushing scares out the very hands you want in the pot-like lower flush draws,KQ,QJ. If it checks through its not that big of a deal because the only second best hands drawing live against you are J9 and KJ and they have only six clean outs. By checking you could induce a bet from KQ or a semi-bluff from a drawing hand. If someone else bets, I don't think hero can fold. I dunno, I think by checking you increase the odds of getting a second best hand to put more money in the pot. If you think a second best hand will call on the flop, then by all means push.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what if I check, CO bets 1/2 pot, and Button calls? I'm not sure I would like that situation. Although, you may be right about not many worse hands calling if I shove.
Old 01-05-2007, 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
not sure I would like that situation. Although, you may be right about not many worse hands calling if I shove.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who cares? If everyone folds, that's more than fine with me. This is a $40 pot already. You've got TPTK and the NFD. Get your money in.
Old 01-05-2007, 03:54 PM

Push.