5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $81.45
CO: $51.65
Button: $22.85
Hero: $49.95
BB: $137.30

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG calls, CO folds, Button calls, Hero calls, BB checks.

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($2, 4 players)
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, Button checks.

Turn: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($2, 4 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets $0.5</font>, UTG calls, Button folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $3.5</font>, BB folds, <font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $13.5</font>, Hero calls.

River: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($29.5, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets $28.5</font>, Hero calls.

Villain is 30/5/1. Turn is awful. Don't know why I c/r these. Bad beats adding up so I had MUBS on the river for sure hence the call and not an all in. Anyone fold the river?
Old 01-05-2007, 01:55 PM

Default Re: NL50 Trips, awful, let me have it

id probably check/fold river.. smells like someone boated with that turn.
Old 01-05-2007, 02:44 PM

Tough spot. Since you raised on the turn after a bet and call, I'm sure the Villain put you on the trip 2's. Since you checked the river, he assumed you'd call any bet cause it would be hard to laydown trips when the flush didnt hit.

Any reason why you didn't value bet on the river? If he reraised you a 2nd time there, should be an easy fold.
Old 01-05-2007, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Any reason why you didn't value bet on the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

No reason. I was actually very convinced I was beaten here and didn't consider the blocking bet.
Old 01-05-2007, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tough spot. Since you raised on the turn after a bet and call, I'm sure the Villain put you on the trip 2's. Since you checked the river, he assumed you'd call any bet cause it would be hard to laydown trips when the flush didnt hit.

Any reason why you didn't value bet on the river? If he reraised you a 2nd time there, should be an easy fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow - giving way too much credit to villain. he definitely has not 'put you on the 2' without a doubt. however while i dont think it is fair to make villain a read machine who can create maximal value bets, i dont think its out of the question either. the check-raise on the turn was not so smooth - id have led out and called a normal raise. after that turn raise, c/c river.

i think you played it OK. that river bet just hurts
Old 01-05-2007, 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wow - giving way too much credit to villain. he definitely has not 'put you on the 2' without a doubt.

[/ QUOTE ]

So how would you explain his river bet? An 8d on the river, it sure can't help the hero, $29.50 in the pot, and bets out $28.50. He surely wants to be called and can only be called if the hero has a 2. Since nobody raised preflop, it would be easy to put anybody on a 2. On a paired board, and somebody re-raises you, you would only re-raise them if you had the boat.

This is my reasoning: If you had a boat, and your opponent checks to you, wouldn't you bet $10-$15 here, to get a for sure call to get looked up? I give the villain credit. My opinion only, could be wrong.