Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2007, 05:01 PM

Default Need Help with Monitor Purchase

I'm getting a new monitor to play poker on and i'm trying to make the right choice.

Option 1: Buy 2x 22' monitors

Option 2: Buy 1x 24' monitor

I know with the 2x 22's i can really comfortably play 6 tables on each but that will cost my around $700's.

I was wondering if i could "get by" with a single 24' monitor, it's resolution is 1920x1200. How many tables will this let me play without killing my eyes? I would like to be able to play atleast 9 tables and the option of playing 12 would be very nice. Oh and the 24' would only set me back like 550 so thats also a consideration is guess?
Old 09-15-2007, 08:55 PM

Default Re: Need Help with Monitor Purchase

first of all i LOVE having two monitors at once.
There is nothing better than having being able to run an application in fullscreen mode at one screen while surfing on the other. <3
For poker, I'd still suggest two monitors.
2+2 on the left, and your 9 tables on the right.

What resolutions can the 22' monitors handle? (the ones you are looking at)
Old 09-16-2007, 02:41 PM

Ok, this is something I've been wondering about ever since I saw Doyle doing this. How do you run 2 monitors off the same system or are you talking about running like FTP on one system and PS on another? When I saw Doyle doing it on TV I thought he had 3-4 CPUs running but if not I need to learn how to do this
Old 09-16-2007, 04:20 PM

All you need is a video card that supports dual moniters. Right this second I have my video card S-Video out to my 53" projection HD. I am probably going to eventually use DVI to the TV and the regular VGA to the moniter.
Old 09-16-2007, 04:44 PM

how can u check if ur vid card can handle this, I have a laptop and have planned for a while to get a LCD to run the svid to but would prefer to run it to a couple of 24in monitors
Old 09-16-2007, 06:14 PM

Some (many?) laptops have a plug on the side/back to let you plug in a monitor. If it's supported then you may be able to plug in a monitor and use your laptop screen and the external monitor. It's difficult to say how you can do this without more information.

If you need further assistance, try the computer technical help forum. They should be able to answer all your questions there. They also have a FAQ about multiple monitors that may help.
Old 09-16-2007, 11:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm getting a new monitor to play poker on and i'm trying to make the right choice.

Option 1: Buy 2x 22' monitors

Option 2: Buy 1x 24' monitor

I know with the 2x 22's i can really comfortably play 6 tables on each but that will cost my around $700's.

I was wondering if i could "get by" with a single 24' monitor, it's resolution is 1920x1200. How many tables will this let me play without killing my eyes? I would like to be able to play atleast 9 tables and the option of playing 12 would be very nice. Oh and the 24' would only set me back like 550 so thats also a consideration is guess?

[/ QUOTE ]

i play 18 tables on a 15' laptop monitor. one 24' will suffice.