Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2007, 01:39 AM

Default Re: 25NL, Raising the OESD, then making it

I dont like the flop raise at all.. you have OESD with medium pair.. you could well be up against an already made better straight.
Old 01-02-2007, 12:47 PM

At best on the flop you have 11 outs. If you make two pair its worthless as on this co-ordinated board you will loose a majority of the time to a better two pair or str8. Even with trips you have some kicker issues.

Once you make your hand on the turn, I dont like the near psb. You blow away almost any hand that does not have a queen. I think we can easily eliminate villian having a set as you would of been all inon the flop. No flush is possible, so I think you can assume villian has two pair. In this situation you want to bet an amount that he will call. If this is me on the turn I bet $7-8 to make it incorrect for villian to keep drawing to the FH with his most likely two pair hand, but allows you to get the rest in on a safe river and let villian make a crying call.
Old 01-02-2007, 12:54 PM

I think your play is fine. Preflop, JQo is just fine to limp OTB after 2 limpers. Calling the raise from BB is okay because MP3 is staying in the hand. I play 6-max, not FR, but I'm not tossing this given the looseness of the raiser and MP3.

I like the semi-bluff raise on the flop because you're trapping MP3 and BB could be c-betting. I think this is a good play given MP3's stack size.

When you spike the A on the turn you're splitting with AQ and killing anything else. 2 pair is calling this almost always.

Your play was quite aggressive, but I think it's good given your position, the stack sizes, and your reads. NH, IMO.