Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums

Old 11-22-2007, 06:12 PM

Default Person to person transfers thread in the Zoo - locked.

I can certainly understand why, since it seems in Mike Haven's absence it was being overrun by scammers (much more so than usual).

Unfortunately, it was done without explanation, and as a result, the Zoo is now going to be overrun with multiple threads by people looking for trades. It looks like Mat made a post in the thread when he locked it, but then deleted it. If there's been a decision to stop the thread until MH's return (I assume he is returning?), then someone should say so.

I know that thread must take an extraordinary amount of MH's time, but I think it's a great resource for the 2+2 community. I'm lucky enough to be living in the Great White North where we're still allowed to move money around easily, so I have no need for the thread myself. Being a Zoo regular, I do try and help out spotting the occassional scammer just the same. It would be a shame to see the trading stopped, but it wouldn't surprise me if it happened one day.

There's about 3 or 4 posters there causing most of the trouble right now. callerid has actually admitted to scamming, and should be banned...and it seems mynameisslime might be the same person.

In summary, I think a prominent announcement of some sort needs to be made in the Zoo explaining why the thread was locked and what the plans are, callerid should be banned for admittedly scamming, and mynameisslime should go as well if he IP matches to callerid. The new trading threads have already started, and it's only going to get worse over the next few days.
Old 11-22-2007, 06:51 PM

Default Re: Person to person transfers thread in the Zoo - locked.

I'll reopen the thread for 4k on stars, you send first obv
Old 11-22-2007, 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll reopen the thread for 4k on stars, you send first obv

[/ QUOTE ]
Sweet. However, mynameisslime has offered the same service for $3,950, I just have to decide whether it's worth saving $50. Probably is IMO. I'm sure his SN is just a joke, amirite?
Old 11-22-2007, 08:32 PM

Just back in the door [brag] from a few days in Venice, Italy, [/brag] so I'll try to sort things out in the next day or two.

As you know, the big advantage of funnelling transfer offers and requests through only one thread means that the alleged scammers get caught quickly, and anyone with an ounce of wit protects himself by reading and following the tips and instructions in the OP, which is virtually an ABC on how not to get scammed.
Old 11-22-2007, 08:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just back in the door [brag] from a few days in Venice, Italy, [/brag] ...

[/ QUOTE ]

First.

p.s. Mike, ATF has really gone to pot with your abscence you have a lot of stuff to clean up and get back in order. Iron refused to do anything about all the trolls, politicos, and badseeds. The whole ATF paradigm has really done amuck!
Old 11-22-2007, 09:27 PM

I reall hope the transfers thread never opens back up. Known members can usually find an acquaintance to transfer with, and if they can't they may just have to use existing deposit methods. It is just an open invitation to scammers right now. Fortunately they are dumb as rocks and unsophisticated, but I can certainly see someone taking some time to put together a more complete identity and run a bigger scam.

Maybe the worst side effect is people are building some posts by making retarted posts in other forums as they think it gives their pathetic scam attempts more credibility. I certainly think that the difficulty of transferring money is a problem ,but I also don't think we can solve everyone's problems.
Old 11-22-2007, 09:39 PM

Mike,

Nice brag sir...hope you had a great time!

wdcbooks,

There are definitely problems with scammers, but most of them can be easily spotted. Almost everyone who posts on there about being scammed made at least one foolish mistake, if not more, and could have easily avoided being scammed. If not for that thread, I bet it would be even more likely they would be scammed somewhere else. I think as long as MH is willing to put up with the grief, it should stay open.
Old 11-22-2007, 10:13 PM

Considering I have been here a while I should know this, but which forum is the zoo?
Old 11-22-2007, 11:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Considering I have been here a while I should know this, but which forum is the zoo?

[/ QUOTE ]
Internet Gambling.
Old 11-22-2007, 11:52 PM

They don't have the internet in Venice? WTF are you getting paid for? [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]