Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION

View Poll Results: Which is more +EV?
Call 31 83.78%
Reraise 6 16.22%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-24-2007, 03:42 PM

Default Re: Pm received by a few of us. Not sure what to think.

I think the jokes in ATF are fine.

I think at times people are a touch abrasive. Funny is fine, mean is probably pushing it.
Old 09-24-2007, 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just continue to post mostly the same as if I was a regular poster, with a few insults leveled down. Dont see why we should be held to a much higher standard for a volunteer job.

[/ QUOTE ]

I concur, but at the same time I wouldn't mind being asked to be held to a higher standard. 2+2 is huge now, its not the personal forum it was years ago when we started here (and even then it was considered huge compared to the real early days), so many of the users are confused by the role of a moderator, they view us as employees and as representatives of 2+2.

There is an old saying, if you cant beat them, join them. Why are we trying to make the majority conform to our view?
Old 09-24-2007, 03:44 PM

Im saying as non paid representatives I dont see why users should feel that we represent the views of the site by any means outside forums we moderate. Therefor outside out forums we should be the same as any other poster, and refrain from doing things like breaking the profanity filter that would get a normal user banned, but not us (cause we cant LDO), but open to respond to and insult other posters if we so want.
Old 09-24-2007, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hope that our concerns are fairly meaningless.
My sticky will remain regardless, both as a gesture of good will,and as a measurement tool.

Nobody has sent me a message yet. And I suspect and hope that the sticky is pointless from a practical standpoint.

[/ QUOTE ]

I sent you a message [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I deleted my "ban Mat" post, it was in poor taste considering the timing; not funny. Sorry about that.
Old 09-24-2007, 03:53 PM

i thought it was funny
Old 09-24-2007, 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i thought it was funny

[/ QUOTE ]

Mt Charlston had snow. Sick! Snow in Las Vegas, and its only September!
Old 09-24-2007, 04:46 PM

so... what was his old account?

i seriously doubt the guy is selling 2+2 books on craigslist.. and even if he was, doesn't he realize that's actually helping the business?
Old 09-24-2007, 05:32 PM

he's cyrus, isn't he?
Old 09-24-2007, 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he's cyrus, isn't he?

[/ QUOTE ]
BluffTHIS thinks he is, but I spent a good 15 minutes searching IPs and I'm pretty sure he isn't. His old account was kidluckee with about 900 posts.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dunno if we want to start holding mods to a higher posting standard

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we should be, and I've made it a point to do so myself. In my point of view we represent 2+2. 2+2 is a company of excellence. I hold myself to their high standards and believe we all should.

I also don't believe Mods should be doing any trash talking on the forums. Do it privately via PM if there's something that absolutely has to be said. In the Books and Publications forum I try to delete any post that includes any type of abuse, personal attack, or something that is not constructive to the thread or 2+2, in general. All members engaging in such activities are warned via PM or by a general statement I post in the forum. For example: I recently posted this in a thread where things were getting personal after I deleted all posts containing nonconstructive material.

[ QUOTE ]
I would just like to take a moment to remind everyone that this forum and all of 2+2 for that matter does not exist for members to engage in personal attacks and other childish behaviors. There may be some areas of this website where such things are allowed, but this forum is for the discussion of poker literature and other media and publications. I will not allow this type of bickering in this forum.

Those who have been members and actively participate on these forums know that I am extremely fair and logical in my reasoning. I rarely use my authority as a moderator. I credit the vast majority of that to the quality of the members who actively participate in this forum. They do not require me to act because they conduct themselves as gentleman. They use this forum and others on 2+2 to better themselves and others.

Debating topics is strongly encouraged on 2+2. Some debates escalate to arguments. Still I consider this to be acceptable. If everyone agreed all the time there would be nothing to discuss. But when the debates or arguments turn personal and members are attacking each other there is nothing for anyone to gain. Therefore, they are pointless in that they do not benefit anyone.

If any of you wish to continue to your "e-fighting" I urge you to take it back to whatever website it came from. I will suspend or ban permanently anyone who continues to behave as was done previously in this thread. I would much rather not have to do this. I know that there is much we can all learn from and share with you. I hope this thread can continue in a constructive manner. Thank you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think any Mod who can't conductive themselves in a constructive and respectable manner should be relieved of their duties as a Mod.