Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance

View Poll Results: QB
Palmer vs Bal 6 20.69%
Romo vs NYG 23 79.31%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-27-2007, 04:51 AM

Default Re: My Battle with mu_empire

semi-sick fold with deuces (although i admit i didn't see how big of an overbet it was at first). who is this mu_empire guy anyway? has he shared what he had that hand?
Old 11-27-2007, 05:01 AM

wow wow oo very fun read aejones thank you. i played this guy briefly but quit him as he seemed to be playing reasonably well. now that i see these hands i'm going to looking out for him.

i like your 22 fold, as well as the two JJ folds. i really like the play of most of these hands, with the exception of some river raises (AJ v A4) that make no sense to me. feasibly given flow and how/how much you were bluffing they could be good but in a vacuum i don't get them at all.

anyway sick sick session
Old 11-27-2007, 05:12 AM

wp sir
Old 11-27-2007, 06:02 AM

i watched u guys for a few minutes.....i almost sat w/him right before you sat down after pasters thread, but realized that playing a maniac hu for 20% of my br prob wasnt too good.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:02 PM

yea lol i forgot about the hand where i like minreraise him four times with top pair no kicker, but i was dying to felt based on the aggression on dry a hi flops in the match
Old 11-27-2007, 01:14 PM

if you're gonna fold JJ on the 776 board to a raise, checking behind there on the flop is so much better... why did you bet?

if u check he will bluff into you or you'll get value easily but against someone hyper aggro bet/folding that board is awful imo
Old 11-27-2007, 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if you're gonna fold JJ on the 776 board to a raise, checking behind there on the flop is so much better... why did you bet?

if u check he will bluff into you or you'll get value easily but against someone hyper aggro bet/folding that board is awful imo

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree that checking behind is viable, but i bet for value and to protect my hand becasue i can easily get CCed by draws and by worse one pair hands.

bet folding is no where near awful for a 3x pot bet, i mean seriously? it's risk reward vs this guy, i wrote in my blog response to gabe that i would have called two kings instantly, and two queens after debate. it's mostly having to deal with the % of time he has an overpair and the size of it, and the amount of equity taht his overcard + club draw hands have vs my range.

it is super unfortunate that my hand was at the bottom end of my made hand range for betting that flop, but i folded pretty quickly once he insta shoved. i might have tanked a lil but i think in my mind i folded almost the second he shoved. he was hyper aggro when checked to, but not hyper aggro to CR. my c-bets, in fact, had a tremendous success rate.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:29 PM

real nice job
Old 11-27-2007, 06:07 PM

sick match, sick hands, still i'm never ever ever folding that 22
Old 11-27-2007, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree that checking behind is viable, but i bet for value and to protect my hand becasue i can easily get CCed by draws and by worse one pair hands.

bet folding is no where near awful for a 3x pot bet, i mean seriously? it's risk reward vs this guy, i wrote in my blog response to gabe that i would have called two kings instantly, and two queens after debate. it's mostly having to deal with the % of time he has an overpair and the size of it, and the amount of equity taht his overcard + club draw hands have vs my range.

it is super unfortunate that my hand was at the bottom end of my made hand range for betting that flop, but i folded pretty quickly once he insta shoved. i might have tanked a lil but i think in my mind i folded almost the second he shoved. he was hyper aggro when checked to, but not hyper aggro to CR. my c-bets, in fact, had a tremendous success rate.

[/ QUOTE ]

you think a guy like this is going to check/call with worse hands than JJ often enough to make a flop cbet good? plz