Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2007, 06:33 AM

Default 50NL KK

Villian is 46/20/3.6 over 61 hands, the hand before he lost 24bb to me in a pot that was checked down, because a shortie was allin, he had middle pair, I had top pair.
I am 22/20/4.3 and on the table for about 10 orbits

iPoker No-Limit Texas Hold'em (NL50), $0.50 BB (5 handed) SilverKitty Hand History converter by www.pokeronline.com.ua

MP3 ($50)
CO($67.22)
Button ($38.24)
SB ($40.65)
Hero($115.79)

SB: Post SB $0.25
Hero: Post BB $0.50
MP3: Post BB $0.50

Preflop:
Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
MP3 Check
CO Raise $2
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>
Hero Raise $6.75
<font color="#666666">1 folds</font>
CO Call $5.25

Flop:($15.25) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]<font color="#0030DD">(2 players)</font>
Hero Check
CO Bet $2.5
Hero Call $2.5

Turn:($20.25) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]<font color="#0030DD">(2 players)</font>
Hero Bet $11
CO Raise $24
Hero?
Old 11-27-2007, 06:35 AM

Default Re: 50NL KK

What about a flop raise?

EDIT: I mean a flop bet
Old 11-27-2007, 06:39 AM

makes a lot of hands fold that I can get value from on the turn.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:40 AM

I think when you take this line you have to showdown. The please don't raise me bet on turn you'd only make with intention on shoving or calling a raise, right? Why did you 3bet, c/c lead turn? CO is probably raising the turn really wide, I think most people would in this spot.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:46 AM

I dont think CO is raising very wide, he maybe calling quite wide. But he is raising a range that beats my KK.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:48 AM

3.6 is pretty agro for a 40+VPIP. Have you seen him way overvalue hands or spew before? It's hard to lay this down vs someone with his stats. Whoa. I am so confused by the way you played the flop. I don't know how to play the hand after checking the flop. Your c/c, lead turn line make no sense, so I can't get any reliable info from the way villain plays the hand, since the way you played it is so odd and they may be reacting to that. Given your line, shove turn since your hand looks like complete BS so villain has no way of putting you on anything.

But please bet this flop.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont think CO is raising very wide, he maybe calling quite wide. But he is raising a range that beats my KK.

[/ QUOTE ]Don't you need to take into account that your line looks incredibly weak? Against a loose aggressive player it's just inducing a raise all day. Unless this is a standard line for you and you know that he knows this... can't fold.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:53 AM

Flop bet is mandatory. You never know what this tool is calling with, and he certainly is calling with any nine, queen, JT, etc. This board almost certainly hit him and if it did not, you have AK as far as he is concerned.

Btw, whats you sn on iPoker? Pm pls.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
makes a lot of hands fold that I can get value from on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not betting flop is bad. It makes any info you get from villain after that completely unreliable because your hand is underepped. Villain puts you on AK or JJ. So now it is a guessing game. Is villain actually strong, or just making horrible stabs at the pot because they think you are weak? Since you have no way of knowing, you can't fold.

How does checking the flop get you more value on the turn? You only let him draw to clubs for free. If you want to check flop to get more value, then you have to c/r. too bad you only get villain's joke of a bet. now raise and end it. Yout turn lead is the opposite of trying to get more value. Turn c/r if you want to get really fancy. But I really, really, really hate any line that isn't cbetting flop.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:55 AM

argghhh the min raise wreaks of your beat

I think if you plan to play trickery on the flop, that you will have to be prepared to lay down in this spot. Unless you have seen him min raise bluff.