Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 11-13-2007, 06:52 AM

Default Re: Dexter 11/11

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone else feel the same?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, almost exactly, well put. with all the special agent cooper overtures i can't help but find myself rooting for the FBI guy lately too. dexter is becoming far too human and insecure.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:33 AM

when dexter sees the light he realizes that lila is a sociopath willing to do anything to get the result she wants.

i would think he knows the pairing a psychopath and sociopath is high variance, to say the least.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:37 AM

With regard to Lila, I think Dexter is probably going to do something similar to going to Cody's presentation. Lila gets pissed, stalks Dexter to find Rita's house and then sets it on fire. Dexter finds out in one or another and kills Lila, who I guess would be his first female kill.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
They seem to have gotten away from the finding bad people, stalking/investigating them to make sure theyre evil and then kidnapping and killing them.

[/ QUOTE ]
You think this might be due to the whole massive investigation looking for him thing?
Old 11-13-2007, 09:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Dexter finds out in one or another and kills Lila, who I guess would be his first female kill.

[/ QUOTE ]
he killed at least one woman in season 1. remember the couple who i think was smuggling people and had them locked in the warehouse?
Old 11-13-2007, 10:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dexter finds out in one or another and kills Lila, who I guess would be his first female kill.

[/ QUOTE ]
he killed at least one woman in season 1. remember the couple who i think was smuggling people and had them locked in the warehouse?

[/ QUOTE ]
His first kill was a female, the nurse trying who killed her patients.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
One of my theories is Lundy realizing Dexter is the killer, but since Dexter is doing it to save innocent lives, Lundy will keep to himself.

[/ QUOTE ] If this happens Ill be so pissed. Lundy doesnt seem like the type that will left him go. He sees that the killer is only killing murderers and is still very keen after going the guy even after he realizes he most likely has a law enforcement background. My guess is we wont see what ever happens coming. Atleast I really hope we dont. Except that he gets away obv. Theres no way he gets caught? How do they keep the show going if he does?

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think Lundy would let Dexter go (or not catch him) at this point in time (unless his character is revealed more).
I mean he pretty much said that when he talked to Dex about killing in the morgue tent.
Old 11-13-2007, 12:57 PM

There is literally 0 chance that Lundy would let Dexter go. Lundy has said on several occasions that many serial killers think that they are doing the "greater good," but that no matter what they are still killing people.
Old 11-13-2007, 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Did anyone else think that she might not be a meth addict at all and that she was just in rehab for pyromania the way Dexter was for serial killing? That's the way I interpreted the end of the episode anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really do not think it is drugs she is addicted to at all and pretty much suspected that from day 1. She is similar to Dexter in compulsion (but worse way too manipulative and more destructive) and he realized it looking at that light bulb. He realizes she is a bad pony and I hope he does not want to bet on her. (to borrow a line from a movie)

Anyway, I think the Doakes thing moved Dexter away a bit from the covert to the overt. Not sure I agree with that much as it more out of character for him. i guess that is what they wanted to accomplish as the result of him now being with Lila. She brings this side out in him.

Also for once I was not completely annoyed/repulsed with his sister on screen. Weird, I like where that story arc is headed for some strange reason. Prior to this I absolutely could not stand the sister.
Old 11-13-2007, 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There is literally 0 chance that Lundy would let Dexter go. Lundy has said on several occasions that many serial killers think that they are doing the "greater good," but that no matter what they are still killing people.

[/ QUOTE ]

He also said there is only one valid reason to kill -- to save innocent lives. That is what Dexter does, so if Lundy would let anyone go, it would be Dexter.