Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy

Old 03-07-2007, 12:52 PM

Default Way Ahead/Way Behind question

While I play some NLHE tourneys, I actually play more 5 card draw tourneys (I know, a weird specialization). In 5CD, WA/WB situations come up very frequently. I did a cursory search of the MTT strategy forum and I found a few short threads on specific WA/WB hand histories, but have their been any threads on the general strategy of playing these situations that I might have missed? If not, maybe we could start one [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I'm interested because I'd like to see what concepts I could transfer from this situation in NLHE to 5CD.
Old 03-07-2007, 01:07 PM

Default Re: Way Ahead/Way Behind question

Oops, I meant to post this in MTT strategy, not MTT Community. Any mod that happens by can feel free to move this thread.
Old 03-07-2007, 03:31 PM

MLG had a great post on this subject.

The Basic concept comes in to play most often when you raise a weak Ace AJ- and are called. Flop comes Ace high and you should check behind, check call.

Basically it boils down to, that you have flopped a big enough hand that you are way ahead / or way behind. Your actions in this hand are to try to get to the river cheap as possible, and not have to face a raise or Check raise that makes you have to fold.
Old 03-07-2007, 07:52 PM

Do you have a link to MLG's post. I used search and tried to find it, but MLG posts enough that there was a lot to wade thruogh and I don't think I found what you are thinking of.