Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2007, 03:07 AM

Default Re: Brandi: Why does she bother?

If you want to take the male/female bias out of this, take a look at the ZeeJustin cheating fiasco.

Ask if he can "redeem" or "explain" himself.
Old 06-18-2007, 12:21 PM

If you read the threads in order and in their entirety Katy, you'd see that it started with Brandi posting in a "poor me" fashion and getting all the love and sympathy in the world from a forum full of guys.

Gradually as more of the truth came out the tide turned against her.

She's more than willing to trash a rival like Chantel, in very unflattering terms.

She's using her notoriety here to her advantage. How many of us will get personal coaching from Mr. Sklansky?
Old 06-18-2007, 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you read the threads in order and in their entirety Katy, you'd see that it started with Brandi posting in a "poor me" fashion and getting all the love and sympathy in the world from a forum full of guys.

She's more than willing to trash a rival like Chantel, in very unflattering terms.

She's using her notoriety here to her advantage. How many of us will get personal coaching from Mr. Sklansky?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I can't argue with any of this.
Old 06-19-2007, 08:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was wondering why Brandi bothers responding to people on these forums. Some people are just ridiculously mean. Is it because she thinks she can change their opinion of her?

[/ QUOTE ]

First, when people are talking about you, there is generally a strong draw to respond in some way. She is a poker player, and thus a part of the community.

[ QUOTE ]
From a man's perspective, can she talk her way out of this strange mess?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really, but time will have a positive impact, assuming positive poker developments and fewer "incidents".

[ QUOTE ]
I haven’t read all the threads but I’ve read enough to wonder what her motivation is. If people were calling me names and accusing me of things, I'd be upset. I’m pretty sure I’d just quietly leave. I guess what I'm asking is why girls put themselves out there to be attacked, then keep coming back for more.

[/ QUOTE ]

Her motivation is promotional!

There are benefits to women poker players who have name status. She has achieved name status, and now it is up to her to display the poker skills to warrant the attention.

[ QUOTE ]
I understand there have been accusations made but why would strangers on a message board get so vitriolic towards a girl they don't even know?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because some people do know her, and not all of those interactions were positive. She now carries the baggage around, until other things overshadow them.
Old 06-20-2007, 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I can't argue with any of this.

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot of posters "piled on" once they saw people attacking her. That's par for the course on this message board (or any message board, for that matter).

That being said, she brought all of this on herself. I don't have any sympathy for her, and you shouldn't either.
Old 06-22-2007, 01:43 AM

FYI, this is how psychologists diagnose many of these "disorders." They get this pamphlet, ask you 10 questions, and you answer them. Then they go, you need to answer yes to 7 of these for a positive diagnosis. You answered yes on 8. You have disorder x.

My point being, one could very plausibly make a diagnosis without having met the person first hand. We're not offering court testimony, just gossip... geez.
Old 06-22-2007, 08:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
FYI, this is how psychologists diagnose many of these "disorders." They get this pamphlet, ask you 10 questions, and you answer them. Then they go, you need to answer yes to 7 of these for a positive diagnosis. You answered yes on 8. You have disorder x.

My point being, one could very plausibly make a diagnosis without having met the person first hand. We're not offering court testimony, just gossip... geez.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I guess you're right about the gossip comment. I guess it comes with the territory!
She did start that one post which came across as looking for sympathy. So I know she opened herself up to it.

I guess I sort of feel sorry for her. I mean she has friends and family who will see horrible things written about her when they google her and I really hate to see that. I think she regrets her part in all this. But I still wonder if facts were distorted. I don't think her "wrongdoings" were quite as awful as people made them out to be. I just hope people give her another chance to redeem herself. Like Sniper said, "it's up to her to display poker skills to warrant the attention."

Being here on an internet forum month in and month out, sometimes you're witness to people who ruin their internet reputation. It made me wonder whether one can actually redeem themselves on the internet. You know, can you fix a reputation? I find myself pondering stuff like this [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]. When it comes to some of these 2+2 girls I often wonder if they could just start posting again and recover their reputation. My gut feeling is that I think they could.
Old 06-22-2007, 08:58 AM

That would depend on whether they posted pics. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-22-2007, 10:10 AM

katy, do you feel the same way about Vanessa Rouso ?

What about the other women that frequent 2+2, or only post infrequently but in threads about them?

Do you think these threads are just about being in the public eye, kinda like celebrity gossip stories?
Old 06-22-2007, 10:19 AM

People can redeem themselves but first they have to come clean.I am also of the opinion that she has been made out to look far worse than the real facts.But she brought that on to herself by intoducing herself to the NVG forum.Sadly for her she was not prepared for the NVG cut throats.