Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-01-2007, 12:44 AM

Default Live straddle.

UTG is on fire and has won several pots in a row, however, his last win was not enough to qualify for a kill pot so to compensate(he really wanted to kill) he sais "then I straddle". He is a very good player. He is selective but slightly on the loose side. He is very aggressive post flop and capable of making plays. Suffice it to say he never misses a value bet. He is also capable of making big laydowns. I have never seen him straddle before so I don't know if he is the type to not look at his cards and raise when given his option. I suspect he will be more prudent but will certainly raise if he has something remotely big or suited or paired.

UTG+1 calls(He is tight and good), MP1 calls(He is tight and good), MP2 calls(He is horrific), and it is to me in the Hijack. I have KdJs. I would normally call here or raise but given that I will have to pay extra to limp in and the possiblility of the straddler exercising his option does this make it a fold? The remaining players are a mix of tight and somewhat loose.