Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-01-2006, 12:37 PM

Default Home game hand: TT overpair on coordinated board

Allright, this one came up a few weeks ago at a home game and still bugs me. I'd like some thoughts on this.

First, a quick note on the structure. Buyin is $30. You can rebuy until the first break. The rebuy is actually a "reload" in that you can only rebuy to bring your stack back to the initial starting point of 50k. You can rebuy a maximum of twice. If you haven't rebought twice at the first break, you can add-on for an extra 50k. So, basically, you almost always end the first hour around 100k chips, and I usually play it more like a $60 freezeout than a rebuy.

Effective stacks are about 50k for everyone involved. We are still in the rebuy stage and none of the relevent players in this hand have rebought yet.

Blinds 100/200

Hero raises to 700 from MP with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
Both the SB and BB call.

SB and BB are probably the two best opponents in this game. SB will bet draws aggressively, BB is a generally solid overall player and likes to be a bit of a table captain. Both would probably reraise with JJ-AA, but they're both tricky enough to just call. Hero is very as a very solid but tight player.

Flop is 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Pot is 2100. SB bets out 1400. BB raises to 3600.

Action is on Hero?