Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-28-2007, 08:45 PM

Default Re: Don\'t taze me drone!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
police are trained to lie on(officially) and off(unofficially) the stand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Source? And this is one HELL of a statement, I want pages and pages. Unless your source is Law & Order or something. Then again, it probably is.

[ QUOTE ]
also a lot of places the taser is a pain compliance device. which means if you get pulled over and the officer tells you to get out of the car and you refuse, they are trained to just tase you repeatedly until you get out. which might be ok for a guy or a big guy, but when it happens to a 90 pound woman it's just dumb cause any cop even a girl cop should be able to manhandle a 90 pounder. I mean, come on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Source? I've yet to see a dept where the taser was used that way. It is a compliance device, but not pain compliance. Then again, you probably don't know the difference anyway. Well, actally I'm sure you don't, because your very definition of what a pain compliance device is and how it can be used were miles off the mark.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait. Do you actually work for Blackwater?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I actually work for the Georgia Department of Corrections, prior to that, I worked for the Dekalb County Police Department (GA) and the Calhoun County Sheriffs Department (AL).

I've graduated with two police academy classes, one in GA and one in Alabama, I've also passed four prison mandates, hold a bachelors in Criminal Justice, and in all that training, I've never once been told to lie. I have however, been told on more occasions than I could hope to count that "If you lie, you die". I've also seen more cops get fired for lying than anything else.

I don't work for Blackwater, but I have trained with them. Quality firearms training, best in the world.