Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-03-2006, 07:02 PM

Default Knee Reinjury 3 Months Post ACL,MCL, & Meniscus Tear

Knowledge from anyone with experience or authority on this subject would be greatly appreciated, as I will not be able to see an orthopedic for several days.

I'm 3 months post surgery, and have had no complications thus far. I can jog, climb stairs, and ride a stationary bike every day with no problems.

Last night, I stepped into an unmarked ravine in an unlit, field parking lot following a football game. There was no lateral strain, but I fell in a way where basically I was on my behind with my foot planted on the ground.

There's mild swelling, pain at the absolute flexion and extension, and pain when the leg is extended and the quadriceps are flexed.

I can walk with a slight limp, but the pain is present.

When I flex my knee and push the tibia anteriorly, I feel mild pain but the joint seems just as tight as my other knee.

I'm quite depressed about this, since I felt as I had finally gotten "over the hump" so to speak and am concerned that I may have retorn or caused some sort of injury that will require more intervention. Obviously, an orthopedic's assessment and an MRI would be the ideal play, but comments are welcome.