Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2007, 10:41 PM

Default Re: Suspected cheating on AP

Schneids,

Try to have a laugh, it will make you feel a little better.

Old 09-19-2007, 10:17 AM

Amusing that when I was watching the WSOP last night, a lot of AP ads on there (not that I would have expected it to change). The site's got enough national exposure that I would hope this story could have some legs.

You thought about hollering at Gary Wise? His connects with ESPN might render things interesting.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Amusing that when I was watching the WSOP last night, a lot of AP ads on there (not that I would have expected it to change). The site's got enough national exposure that I would hope this story could have some legs.

You thought about hollering at Gary Wise? His connects with ESPN might render things interesting.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was playing B&M last night and they had this on. It seemed AP had an ad on at every break. It's a shame virtually anyone that responds to those ads would be clueless as to what a sleazy operation AP is.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's a shame virtually anyone that responds to those ads would be clueless as to what a sleazy operation AP is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interestingly enough, i'd hope the laughably shoddy production values and all around lolness of those commercials gives people a good idea of just how sleazy AP is. Unless they have new commercials in the past few months those things are absolutely tragic, especially when sandwiched between a stars and FT commercial.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:58 PM

I wouldn't say the new AP commercials are tragic, but they're nothing close to the polished stuff from Stars and FT. Also FT and Stars have like real players and AP has a guy named Dan and a nameless hot chick.
Old 09-21-2007, 03:42 AM

congrats guys, 2+2 made the NY Times. Sort of. He doesn't give 2+2 credit, but the links are provided to your thread.

Story on how not to cheat in poker - aka rip Absolute Poker a new hole.

I think we can all thank dean for this one.
Old 09-21-2007, 09:34 AM

tt,

reformat the link bro
Old 09-21-2007, 11:14 AM

LINK
Old 09-21-2007, 12:15 PM

TT,

As far as I know, Dean doesn't work with Levitt any more. I don't even really think they talk much these days. I do work with Levitt now, but I haven't discussed the AP issue with him at all, since he was out of the country when the story broke, and has been too busy to chat poker since returning.

c

edit: though, that does appear to be dean's blog, so yeah, it looks like Dean probably emailed him. FWIW, a good chunk of the work Dean used to "do" and I now do focuses on catching cheaters in poker games.
Old 09-21-2007, 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
TT,

As far as I know, Dean doesn't work with Levitt any more. I don't even really think they talk much these days. I do work with Levitt now, but I haven't discussed the AP issue with him at all, since he was out of the country when the story broke, and has been too busy to chat poker since returning.

c

edit: though, that does appear to be dean's blog, so yeah, it looks like Dean probably emailed him. FWIW, a good chunk of the work Dean used to "do" and I now do focuses on catching cheaters in poker games.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didnt know Dean is no longer working with Levit, and to be honest i forgot that i heard you were working with him now (sorry - you deserve credit!). Tell us a little bit about your work with him, this is interesting.