Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2007, 10:51 AM

Default Is there any international student playing poker online in US?

Hi, I am an upcoming freshman of CMU and I've played poker on FTP and PS reguarly.
And I heard US gov.(IRS) is really SOB who try really hard to rob US player's BR under the name of TAX.
Actually, gambling(includes online gambling) is illegal in my country and I didn't pay any taxes in the course of nature.
So I wonder if there is any international student(don't have greencard of course) who withdraws his income to his US account via bankwire transfer regularly.
And if so, I wonder if u pay any taxes to IRS or something.
and plz lemme know if u know any laws regarding this case although you are not an international poker playing student.
Old 07-18-2007, 02:14 PM

Default Re: Is there any international student playing poker online in US?

A lot of americans are still playing, it's just harder for us to get money on the sites... if you have money on the online sites already feel free to show up and play all you want
Old 07-18-2007, 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A lot of americans are still playing, it's just harder for us to get money on the sites... if you have money on the online sites already feel free to show up and play all you want

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think the tax evader's questions related to whether or not he should "feel free" to play poker.
Old 07-18-2007, 03:50 PM

Will you be maintaining your foreign bank account?
Old 07-18-2007, 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think the tax evader's questions related to whether or not he should "feel free" to play poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree. It sounds like the tax evader wanted to know if he can come to our country and use the services the rest of us paid for without paying taxes owed on income earned while here. Apparently, when a foreigner comes here to use our system of higher education, agencies enforcing the laws agreed to by visa holders are "stealing SOBs".
Old 07-18-2007, 07:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Will you be maintaining your foreign bank account?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, I am a totally foreigner who plans to transfer to my US bank.
And I wonder it's possible and if I should pay tax about my poker income earning in US
Old 07-18-2007, 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree. It sounds like the tax evader wanted to know if he can come to our country and use the services the rest of us paid for without paying taxes owed on income earned while here. Apparently, when a foreigner comes here to use our system of higher education, agencies enforcing the laws agreed to by visa holders are "stealing SOBs".

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you have to thank me since I pay more than 50K per year w/o living expenses and that enables poor kids in ur country to study with lil tution
And I wonder if I am a tax evader.
No one likes tax and I think I don't have to pay any taxes since I don't receive any previlege of being US citizen or something.
Old 07-18-2007, 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you have to thank me since I pay more than 50K per year w/o living expenses and that enables poor kids in ur country to study with lil tution
And I wonder if I am a tax evader.
No one likes tax and I think I don't have to pay any taxes since I don't receive any previlege of being US citizen or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

'ur' 'lil' 'tution' 'previlege'??? I think kids could teach you something perhaps? WTF...
Old 07-18-2007, 08:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
'ur' 'lil' 'tution' 'previlege'??? I think kids could teach you something perhaps? WTF...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup and the funny thing is that I was admitted to CMU, Cornell, etc lol
US colleges are rigggggggeeeeeeeeeeeeddddd
Old 07-19-2007, 04:26 PM

This thread has come up multiple times before. There is some very helpful information in previous threads here .