Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: To Tilt Or Not?
Agree 5 45.45%
Disagree 6 54.55%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 03:47 PM

Default Re: Calling Kit Cloud Kicker

Poor child....only half way to your goal on the 5th of the month.

I'd probably lay 10 to 1 that if the steelers score 38 points they will win the game. You realize you're only going to get the ball 7 or 8 times, right? Watch out for that 9 minute drive in the third quarter.....
Old 11-05-2007, 06:03 PM

14 out of 20 for the college games this weekend was better than I thought because 3 of them were pushes. So, 14 out of 17 for a somewhat flabby, almost middle-aged musician is is okay I guess. For da Pros I ended up with 9 right.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:47 PM

wtf? Johnny Chan just got paged over my office PA system.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:37 PM

Default Re: Turkey Talk: November Low Content Thread

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, yes they did. This bet is like taking candy from a baby. The vikes will finish the season with >3 wins, which is good for a .250 winning percentage. Even if the Vikes only won 4 games the wolves would still have to win 21 games for Bob to beat me. That dollar is as good as mine. They'll be lucky to win 17.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did I mention that I am a horrible sports bettor. In 1997, or whatever year Culpepper and Moss, and co went 15-2, I bet the vikings to win in Tampa, and again in the Championship Game against Atlanta. The only two sports bets that I made the entire year. I have to be the only person who lost money that year taking the vikings. One of my friends, who lives in Las Vegas, says that whenever I feel the urge to make a sports bet, I should call him immediately, so that he can place the opposite bet.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:57 AM

That's hilarious. I might frame that dollar this spring.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:59 PM

How bout them Steelers? I think that victory qualifies as for "shock and awe" points. James Harrison forced two fumbles with his head alone.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:04 PM

Surely you expected them to win. But the final score was impressive. Let's not forget that Indianapolis and New England are playing on a different planet than everyone else.

And the Vikings arguably beat a better team by 18, so woot.
Old 11-07-2007, 04:12 AM

Tonight I hosted a small, social poker game. Only 5 of us played, two of whom I'd never met. 10 minutes after everyone left, at around 11pm, my co-worker comes back to my apartment; his car has been towed. He parked illegally around 8pm and was only there for about 2.5 hours.

When he arrived I asked him where he parked and he told me; next to the dumpster, not blocking any cars. I myself once parked there over night and just got a warning ticket (no fine) on my car. I told him this when he arrived and said "I don't think they'd tow you".

There are no permits at my complex; it's just kind of survival of the fittest. Each apartment gets one "covered" spot (which my girlfriend uses) and there are "not really enough" uncovered spots to fight for. I've only lived here since July and had no idea they towed.

The bill came to 279 dollars, which was discounted because he paid in cash that I loaned him. The buy in for the poker game was 10 bucks (he lost 30). We left it at he'd bring me a check tomorrow for the 279.

I don't know how to make one of the poll thingies, but would like to pose a question (if someone could post a poll I'd greatly appreciate it). Do I:

1. Take the check. Wasn't my fault.
2. Split it with him. Nice gesture.
3. Don't accept the check. Hero level.

The guy is 23 years old, has a Master's degree in computer science from a good school, and makes good money. He is irked at the bill no doubt, but his rent is probably close to 1000 dollars a month and I'm sure the payment will in no way affect a single decision he makes the rest of his life other than future parking choices. I've known him for 3 months and this is only the second time we've ever hung out outside of work.
Old 11-07-2007, 04:35 AM

Old 11-07-2007, 05:57 PM

Thanks to those who voted. I offered to split it, but he politely refused. I win twice [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Closed Thread