Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2007, 08:43 AM

Default TP on 4 connected board

I don't post any reads on villain because i would like to discuss how differnt opponents affect my play in that spot. What is your standard line?

20/40 Fixed-Limit Hold'em <font color="blue">(6 handed)</font>
Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.7 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="grey">3 folds</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="grey">BB folds</font>.

Flop: (5.00 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: (3.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="red">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 5.50 BB
Old 08-08-2007, 12:46 AM

Default Re: TP on 4 connected board

I don't see any other possibly way of playing this unless you bet/fold turn
Old 08-08-2007, 01:04 AM

Location: Who wrote \'help I\'m a bug\' on my letter to grandma?

Sure. If my opponent is such that I know how to handle a checkraise (easy call or easy fold) than I bet.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sure. If my opponent is such that I know how to handle a checkraise (easy call or easy fold) than I bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, and I think this is a spot where even passive/straightforward players will try a (semi)bluff so I think bet-call is often fine. I dont like folding toppair/topkicker HU so it have to be an extremly passive player to make me bet-fold.

Look at it from the other guys perspective, there is no reason for him to think straight is urs, so he have to keep on calling with that pair he flopped.

Its a bit like when u bet all way with toppair and river puts 4flush on board. Bet-call is often fine. Not against everyone all the time, but pretty often.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:22 PM

I hate bet/call on the turn here. Even against a maniac, I'd probably rather check and let him fire on the river with 65o?
Old 08-08-2007, 02:50 PM

bet/call is bad against most players.
I would need a history against the opp to bet the turn. I would have to know he calls me down very lightly, allowing me to vbet the river as well.
Alot of opps would fold their T or 9 on that board against an unknown on the turn.
Old 08-08-2007, 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Alot of opps would fold their T or 9 on that board against an unknown on the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

Would u fold against our poster if he bet this turn and u had T or 9? I think that would be a misstake.

Also, if bet-call is so bad with toppair here, then checkraising if u hit ur straight clearly is a big misstake against a decent player in this spot since he will not bet his hand?

In my experience, not so good players get crazy when board is 4straight or 4flush. Now they want to make me fold.
Old 08-13-2007, 06:37 PM

I would bet/call the turn but my regular game gets pretty crazy at times. Is it so bad if a 9 or T folds here? They've got plenty of live outs to win and 8 outs to chop, and the pot is still pretty small. That's not to mention the 2 clubs...