Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2007, 10:16 AM

Default Re: please take skip bayless off the air

lol, stephen A gets mixed reactions from me tbh based on the commentary, but comparing him or anyone to skip bayless is a joke, dunno if it's an act or not, but the man is a troll and one i want to flog with a bat
Old 11-08-2007, 10:55 AM

My favorite line of his was saying that Cleveland should call up the Lakers and offer Lebron for Kobe straight up and pray that the Lakers are dumb enough to take this offer.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What are you smoking? Stephen A. and hilarious aren't even on the same planet.

And to previous poster, I don't think anyone is "watching" Bayless. I think they see him on TV and pretty much instantly change the channel or surf innanet pron in lieu of seeing his disgusting plastic made-up face.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I don't actually do drugs, so nothing. I don't get why 2p2ers get so worked up about Bayless or Stephen A. They're characters, heels, like in the old WWF. Bayless is stupid, yes, so don't listen to his commentary and analysis. Just laugh at it. I kinda like watching Bayless because he says such ridiculously over-the-top comments; that's good TV.

Also ban people for hating on Stephen A. I used to be a hater but listening to him completely scream out diatribes about other players and teams is gold for me. "He looked COMPLETELY RIDICULOUS last night! His shot selection and ball-handling was PURELY ATROCIOUS. I got sick to my stomach watching him play such an AWFUL game of basketball!"

Same thing goes for Walton-he's retarded and says the dumbest [censored] ever, but it's hilarious. Getting all worked up about the stuff Bayless or Stephen A, or Walton say is like being in Politics and getting all worked up about what MiDge posts. It's just so useless

quote from an article I just read:

[ QUOTE ]
For a long time, I was in the camp of the Bill Walton haters. I seethed every time I heard him laud praise upon Kazaam or fall at the feet of Kobe Bryant…I mean, Mamba. I chose to watch games on mute rather than hear his man-love for Coach Wooden seep into whichever game he was talking over. The incessant stammering coupled with the goofy, Deadhead persona made him unbearable. It seemed even his play-by-play partners were beside themselves at his stupidity.

But something happened along the way that caused me to reconsider my disdain for Big Red; I actually turned the volume up and listened to one of his games. And in doing so, I realized quickly that the joke was on me, that my naivete and/or blind-hate had kept me from appreciating Walton for what he is: a willing punchline. His hyperbole, his non-sequitors, his uncomfortable hetero-crushes–Walton is just playing along, throwing humorous tidbits against the wall to see which ones stick. Why else would someone say the following:

"You look at Vladimir Radmanovic, this guy is cut from stone. As if Michelangelo was reading and a lightning bolt flashed before him."

[/ QUOTE ]

imo the same goes for Bayless and Stephen A
Old 11-08-2007, 11:45 AM

There's no reason for Stephen A. to sit there and yell and scream about how so-and-so is dribbling the basketball. It reeks of "I never got above being the #2 shooting guard on my community college basketball team."

The one good thing about him is that he used to pull outstanding (Lord know why...) guests on his Quite Frankly show. When he gets a guy like Mike Schmidt on talking about steroids, I am forced to watch.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There's no reason for Stephen A. to sit there and yell and scream about how so-and-so is dribbling the basketball. It reeks of "I never got above being the #2 shooting guard on my community college basketball team."

The one good thing about him is that he used to pull outstanding (Lord know why...) guests on his Quite Frankly show. When he gets a guy like Mike Schmidt on talking about steroids, I am forced to watch.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not very intelligent in my opinion. So in order for someone to know and analyze sports they must at least have played at the level of those they are commenting on? That's retarded
Old 11-08-2007, 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not very intelligent in my opinion. So in order for someone to know and analyze sports they must at least have played at the level of those they are commenting on? That's retarded

[/ QUOTE ]

Your comprehension sucks. All I'm saying is his yelling about athletes is dumb. It reeks of him being insanely jealous and trying to talk down to people. Seriously, re-read what I wrote. Never did I say you had to play high-level sports to be knowledgeable.

Stop being such a Steven A. apologist already. The guy sucks bowls of d*cks.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Stephen A Smith is 10x better than Skip Bayless imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stephen A's show got canceled.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your comprehension sucks. All I'm saying is his yelling about athletes is dumb. It reeks of him being insanely jealous and trying to talk down to people. Seriously, re-read what I wrote. Never did I say you had to play high-level sports to be knowledgeable.

Stop being such a Steven A. apologist already. The guy sucks bowls of d*cks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think the jump I made was very unreasonable given what you posted. It's his job to talk about sports, and it's his style to yell about it, I dont see what's wrong with that? Jim Rome acts like a douche all the time when he's talking about athletes, why not get mad at him? I think Rome's a dick but I still like watching him.

Apologist? I think he's funny, and if you stopped taking him so seriously you may think the same.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Stephen A Smith is 10x better than Skip Bayless imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stephen A's show got canceled.

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like he shoulda taken a page or two from Skip Bayless
Old 11-08-2007, 01:50 PM

He's got the best job on Earth; watch sports, say whatever you want, make wild predictions, never be called out when you are wrong and still keep your job.