Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2007, 07:33 PM

Default Where can I get the SPR Charts from PNL?

Hi,

just read through PNL Vol. 1, and there are those beautiful SPR charts where it is shown to what amount you have to raise to achieve an SPR of X, when there are 2 callers etc...

I hope you know what I mean [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Just need to know: am I supposed to learn those by heart? Should I lay the book beside my laptop while playing? Just wondered if there's a PDF or something that makes it easier to implement the SPR stuff into my game.

Thanks in advance.

PS: the book is great.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:43 PM

Default Re: Where can I get the SPR Charts from PNL?

I don't believe there is one. I suggest making one of your own if you'd like to have one for quick reference. I'd also do not suggesting reproducing them and handing them out or making it available on line because the material does not belong to you.
Old 09-13-2007, 07:31 AM

Of course I won't, I only wanted to know if there was a chart put online by the authors themselves, everything else wouldn't be legal I guess [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Basically I wonder how you guys learn those SPR charts. Didnt review them in detail, but it seems kinda hard to figure out the correct target SPR's and actions to get to them while playing 4 tables at a time...
Old 09-13-2007, 08:33 PM

I'm glad we're on the same page here. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

You may wish to contact Matt and/or Sunny directly for this information via PM or wait to see if they respond in this thread.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:10 PM

can you not just photocopy the relevant pages?

learning the charts while 4-tabling is a bad idea - any time you're trying to integrate something new into your game i recommend only playing 2 tables at the most, and actually think about all your decisions in depth until the new stuff becomes second nature.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm glad we're on the same page here. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

You may wish to contact Matt and/or Sunny directly for this information via PM or wait to see if they respond in this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

4-tabling makes it tough!

nothing says you can't photocopy and tape the tables to your monitor. 2+2 owns the copyright to PNL1 so a verbatim publication on the internet would be Mason's prerogative.

also, consider that many games play with somewhat standard raise sizes, so if you know standard raise 2-3 ways or standard reraise hu or 3-way you'll get a lot of it done. mostly though you're gonna have to ballpark it or get an SPR add-on to PAHUD or other heads-up programs. may be a while but my guess is they'll be available in the near future.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't believe there is one. I suggest making one of your own if you'd like to have one for quick reference. I'd also do not suggesting reproducing them and handing them out or making it available on line because the material does not belong to you.

[/ QUOTE ]
Nothing wrong with creating a chart based on material in a book.

According to the U.S.Copyright Office (URL )
[ QUOTE ]
What does copyright protect?
Copyright, a form of intellectual property law, protects original works of authorship including literary, dramatic, musical, and artistic works, such as poetry, novels, movies, songs, computer software, and architecture. Copyright does not protect facts, ideas, systems, or methods of operation, although it may protect the way these things are expressed. See Circular 1, Copyright Basics, section "What Works Are Protected."

[/ QUOTE ]

and

[ QUOTE ]
How do I protect my idea?
Copyright does not protect ideas, concepts, systems, or methods of doing something. You may express your ideas in writing or drawings and claim copyright in your description, but be aware that copyright will not protect the idea itself as revealed in your written or artistic work.

[/ QUOTE ]

We've been through this already when the SSH charts were created, and again with the Kill Phil charts.

In summary, copying a chart in a page is bad. Creating charts based upon paragraphs is good. That is all.
Old 09-14-2007, 07:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]

also, consider that many games play with somewhat standard raise sizes, so if you know standard raise 2-3 ways or standard reraise hu or 3-way you'll get a lot of it done. mostly though you're gonna have to ballpark it

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for replying!

But I don't really get the quoted part, maybe it's because I'm german and my english is kinda bad since I havent learned anything since my graduation [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Would be awesome if someone could explain the quoted part [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

I think it all comes down to this:

Am I supposed to learn those charts by heart? Or - thats my thought - are those charts just a little guide to hitting target SPRs which becomes unnecessary once the SPR thing is like second nature to me...

I guess they just work as a little help in the beginning, but become unnecessary once you automatically know "Yeah I expect this guy to call, he's got 100BB, I want an SPR of around X, so I raise to XBB"?