Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Limit-->NL
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2007, 08:13 PM

Default So the table idiot opens for 25BBs...........

Guy has been at the table for about 4 orbits and has open pushed 25-50BBs about 6-7 times already and people are really starting to open up. I am 2 to his left and am really starting to love the table.. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Specific question first, then some generics.

Hero ~ 200BBs, has table covered
Players behind hero range from:
50BBs x 2-3, one is tight, other 1-2 are fairly loose.
100-125BBs x 2-3, all kinda neutral
30BBs x 1-2, pretty loose

Monkey pushes 25BB from UTG+1, 1 fold, Hero wakes up w/ A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and <font color="blue">Hero ??? </font>

I see two options/trains of thought here.

1. Hero calls looking potentially weaker to the others that have started to open up a bit.
2. Hero shoves to look like an ISO and possibly getting some additional callers who think I am ISO'ing.

I think a reraise that is not a shove is not so good because it will basically commit anyone (most all-in anyways) and look much stronger than a shove. Should I just forget about option one and just always shove and be happy w/ the 21 or so BBs of equity?

Some general questions...
1. What is my range here if not holding AA to play, and what is my preferred line then?
2. If hero is closing the action, what kind of range do I need to call?
Old 08-20-2007, 08:45 PM

Default Re: So the table idiot opens for 25BBs...........

I would just call. This is not a tournament where you are happy to play the hand HU (I realize this could be wrong for tournament strategy as well but you all know what I mean, its more of a consideration there), the higher EV play here is to let people in and shove any flop if not everyone is all in.

1) I'd shove over him with TT, JJ, QQ and probably just call KK. I'd shove over with AJ+.

2) This is a stove question that just depends on what range you assign him. You obviously need just under 50% equity against his range but it doesn't sound like he is pushing every hand so I'd give him top 50% and see what hands stove says have 50% equity vs that range.

-DeathDonkey
Old 08-21-2007, 01:02 AM

I would min raise and here is why. If a player behind you has a great hand like 1010+ he should push.... you then have him. You won't have many callers when you min rasie with drawing hands. The only other hands willing to call 50BB cold must be AK or maybe 1010-QQ with no sack.. Any raise from a big stack and you go all in of course. I think this line has the best chance to get a loose call from 1010 or 99 or 88 and a good chance to stack a QQ or KK or AK suited... just my crap advice though. And of course your min raise forces orginal raier to call - nice....
Old 08-21-2007, 01:04 AM

I think a reraise that is not a shove is not so good because it will basically commit anyone (most all-in anyways) and look much stronger than a shove. Should I just forget about option one and just always shove and be happy w/ the 21 or so BBs of equity?

I think you are over thinking it... It's drunk poker
Old 08-21-2007, 01:21 AM

Basically completely disagree with BogusRogus. Nobody is deep enough to correctly call 25 bb preflop with any hand against our aces here. That alone is a pretty powerful argument for just calling. Sure if they will call 50 bb with TT that would be great, but they are making a mistake calling for 25 bb as it is and you might get action from a wider range.

-DeathDonkey
Old 08-21-2007, 01:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would min raise and here is why. If a player behind you has a great hand like 1010+ he should push.... you then have him.

[/ QUOTE ]
If I minraise, a hand like TT or maybe even JJ MIGHT fold. If I just call, they are pushing anyways, so what does the minraise do? The only thing I see it do is scare out hands like ATs-AQs, AJ-AQo, and possibly even a horrible KQ. I would much rather them come along.
[ QUOTE ]

You won't have many callers when you min rasie with drawing hands. The only other hands willing to call 50BB cold must be AK or maybe 1010-QQ with no sack..

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] This is the reason why I DO NOT want to minraise or even standard raise! Why do I want hands like JTs to fold here? Wanting them to fold is just plain crazy.
[ QUOTE ]

Any raise from a big stack and you go all in of course. I think this line has the best chance to get a loose call from 1010 or 99 or 88 and a good chance to stack a QQ or KK or AK suited...

[/ QUOTE ]

See, the thing is.. I want to stack FAR more than these hands! No matter what I doo, QQ-KK is almost always getting it in,and as I mentioned above, minraising scares 88-JJ far more than just calling.[ QUOTE ]

just my crap advice though. And of course your min raise forces orginal raier to call - nice....

[/ QUOTE ]

The original raiser open shoved for 25BBs... he has no more mobnies!
Old 08-21-2007, 04:05 AM

I think anything but folding is fine here, seriously.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think anything but folding sucks here, seriously.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-21-2007, 10:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think anything but folding sucks here, seriously.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope youre either kidding or responding to something else.
Old 08-21-2007, 02:09 PM

That'd have to be one gigantic level.