Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2007, 12:59 PM

Default Re: quick checkup: I get sexied

I agree with almost everything you said. Except, I think there is actually more reason to call the higher the limits since the players are trickier and more capable of river desperation plays. Perhaps that is why bluffman says call. Maybe 3/6-15/30 this is a fold and 20/40 and up it is a call?
Old 07-21-2007, 01:46 PM

Call 9/10's of the time, fold 1/10 of the time. Look at the minute digit of your computer time. If it's 9 fold. Every other time call.

If he shows up with a bluff , call always in the future.
Until you dont get a shown a bluff for many hands in the future.
Old 07-21-2007, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Checking the turn if he checks? I was in position and called villians bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm retarded. ignore what i wrote earlier. you are dead here.
Old 07-21-2007, 03:18 PM

Awesome post ILOVEPOKER.

Doc, at higher limits I wouldn't call them more desperate really, I'd call them more optimistic in some ways, but I still think this is a fold (as played) in almost any game vs a "TAG". Bluffman may just be thinking of the huge LAGs he plays with often and doesn't remember how a 30/18 (what's up with those stats btw, that's far from solid preflop) TAG plays.

I usually raise this flop fwiw.

-DeathDonkey
Old 07-21-2007, 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I usually raise this flop fwiw.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

really? y? what do u do vs a 3bet vs this player/ other players, what do u do if they call and cr the turn on a blank/ or bdfd turn?
Old 07-21-2007, 03:42 PM

Whether or not to raise this flop is entirely entirely dependent on metagame considerations.
Old 07-21-2007, 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Whether or not to raise this flop is entirely entirely dependent on metagame considerations.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-21-2007, 06:08 PM

I don't play high but at 10/20 and 15/30 Stars games I play you are beat way more than 90% here.

I wonder if maybe some people have seen this bluff from one or two players a few times and extrapolated way too far. The "sexy" bluff in a pot where it appears as though your opponent has top pair on a very unthreatening board is a pretty rare and awful play.
Old 07-21-2007, 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As an extention of my ideas about playing the lowest limits(2-4 and below), Raising the flop with this hand in these games would almost surely be a mistake since there's just too large of a population that will not understand what your flop call or turn call means thus leading them to hopelessly bluff off their chips in an almost obligatory fashion becuz they will not know what else to do.

Once you reach a level with many competent handreaders who will not bluff hopelessly every street(usually the mid limits), the idea of raising this flop for metagame reasons now comes into play.

Put another way, when youre against a good opponent who will know what your flop call means, raising the flop with this type of hand instead of calling now becomes a viable line.

Raising the flop may not be better than calling in any given situation, but it is a line that must be considered at the midstakes and above provided we have a very good idea of how to handle further aggression. At the lowest limits I would never even consider raising the flop due to all the profit that will be made from a passive line.

BTW for the picky readers out there, I am only speaking generally. I am certain that there are many micro exceptions to every macro idea I have talked about. These are just some of the principles that have guided my play.
Old 07-21-2007, 06:42 PM

iam happy later in the thread ppl said its a fold since i wouldnt call this anymore if iam playing good, theres no reason
a tag would c/r with something u beat, hes just a solid hand reader and realizes you would bet any ace an prob fold non aces. It sjust a very good play by the Tag with the range ILP mentioned