Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2007, 05:37 PM

Default Cruising along with AA when all hell breaks loose. Turn action?

The three villians are all pretty out of control. The button is ahrimaster who is a pretty bad LAG IMO. He plays 44/24/1.1 over 12k hands many of which are mined. Last orbit he called my 3 bet from the button with 52s from the BB. The SB is the reason the game is kinda juiced up. He is 72/14/.9 over 100 hands and basically playing horrendously post flop. The BB is a bit more reasonable LAG but also 44/22/1.4 over 1900 hands. I haven't seen him do anything wild post.

Full Tilt Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $10/$20
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG+1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (8SB, 4 players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button caps</font>, SB calls, BB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (12BB, 4 players)
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks (is this a mistake?), <font color="#cc0000">Button bets</font>, SB folds, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises</font>, Hero folds (is this a mistake?), Button calls.
Old 03-26-2007, 05:42 PM

Default Re: Cruising along with AA when all hell breaks loose. Turn action?

i think the turn fold is pretty easy. esp since button can still 3bet
Old 03-26-2007, 05:45 PM

Button and BB both have pretty low AFs even for their VPIPs - you're drawing dead on the turn pretty often, and even if button "only" has two pair, he's going to 3-bet the turn a bunch anyway so you probably won't get the odds to draw to a better two pair/set (not to mention you have no implied odds when you make these hands anyway).

Nice hand.
Old 03-26-2007, 05:54 PM

Looks good. BB raising the turn actually saves you figuring out if you should let this go for one bet. Even a LAG usually has a very strong hand, when first calling then capping on a pretty dry board. I guess he could have two pair against which you would have enough outs to call for one bet, but a set looks more likely.

Now, why do I get the feeling, that the reason you posted this, was because you folded the best hand and everyone had something retarded?
Old 03-26-2007, 05:58 PM

I like the turn check, facing action this heavy from these boys, i am surely slowing down. With it being 2 bets to you and button left to react, i think we need to lay this hand down, i think we are drawing very slim or nearly dead, and paying dearly to do it.
sucks they both showed down K10 or something though...
hehe
Old 03-26-2007, 06:03 PM

I bet the turn knowing lagtard button will raise it up and hopefully force out SB and BB. Then I'll call down his lagtardedness and puke when he rivers 2 pair.

easy fold if BB 3bets.
Old 03-26-2007, 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I bet the turn knowing lagtard button will raise it up and hopefully force out SB and BB. Then I'll call down his lagtardedness

[/ QUOTE ]

I would also but are we spewing here by doing so? If blind does call raise are we now calling and overcalling unimproved on river? Betting helps eliminate possibility of us gettin pushed off best hand on turn but may also price us in with second best hand for couple more bets.
Old 03-26-2007, 06:39 PM

Against these guys in this pot, you might want to consider calling the flop c/r and popping the turn. These guys are calling 2 cold everytime so that might be a better way to eliminate opponents. But then again you sacrifice value so there always a balance to conisder.

The way the turn action played out this is an easy fold.
Old 03-26-2007, 10:35 PM

I play flop the same and lead the turn to prevent goofy free cards or whatever and maintain control. Since you didn't I fold but I try to avoid the situation you ended up in by leading turn.

-DeathDonkey
Old 03-26-2007, 11:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I bet the turn knowing lagtard button will raise it up and hopefully force out SB and BB. Then I'll call down his lagtardedness and puke when he rivers 2 pair.

easy fold if BB 3bets.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was in part what I wanted to avoid. What is your plan if button LAG just calls and then BB checkraises? That was a pretty legitimate concern as well.