Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Chances this plan works? (Both professors let me make up the exams)
100% 12 4.27%
90% 32 11.39%
80% 47 16.73%
70% 48 17.08%
60% 30 10.68%
50% 40 14.23%
40% 14 4.98%
30% 21 7.47%
20% 13 4.63%
10% or less 24 8.54%
Voters: 281. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-08-2007, 02:48 PM

Default Re: Guitar Hero III

Well I just got 5*s on Raining Blood; but after extensive play I must say that I don't enjoy GH3 as much as I did GH2. The master tracks are nice; but the sound mix on a lot of them is just bad. There are parts in multiple songs where you just can't hear the guitar track at all.

The set lists aren't balanced. In GH2 the songs gradually become more and more difficult until you hit the final tier. In GH3 you have six tiers that have no challenge at all and tier eight that some pretty good players will never beat.

In particular the Raining Blood should have been a bonus track. I beat it after five attempts; but I can see how it would frustrate the piss out of most players. If they had put Jordan in the final tier of GH2 it would have ruined the game for me. I did finally beat it; but if I had to beat it to beat the game I probably would have just said screw it and stopped playing.

The Boss Battles are also something of a disappointment. I can beat Tom and Slash every time with no real challenge; but I can only beat Lou around half the time. It really is just too random.

Another gripe in this thread that I have to agree with is not being able to play Devil Went down to Georgia in quickplay.

In general the game just feels rushed. It's obvious to me that they wanted to beat Rock Band to market because there are many small mistakes that could have easily been corrected. I realize that they can and will fix alot of these problems with patches; but when I pay $100 (5 dollars Canadian) for a game I expect a finished product.
Old 11-08-2007, 02:56 PM

Raining blood in particular is a very weird choice. Other than the riff most of it doesn't even sound like a song. Its like they just looked around for something that would be very hard to beat and screw what it sounds like.

I tried to play GH2 last night (ps2) and I can definitely see and appreciate the improvements made in GH3 i.e. more viewable area on the fretboard, much more clearly visible ho/po'able notes, smoother graphics. So at least they did that right.
Old 11-08-2007, 03:10 PM

Default Re: ~What

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Brag: 5* first 7 tiers.
Brag: Beat One on first try.
Beat: Will never beat Slayer.

[/ QUOTE ]

same, except didnt 5* KoC

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm talking about expert, not medium you nub.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats it, hu4rollz on XBL

...oh wait you have it for ps2 lol
Old 11-08-2007, 03:57 PM

Finally 4*'d Raining Blood on medium this morning. On to Hard! Wish me luck.
Old 11-08-2007, 04:40 PM

[censored]' lou on hard...kfbsgskg;glkghkgj
Old 11-08-2007, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In particular the Raining Blood should have been a bonus track. I beat it after five attempts; but I can see how it would frustrate the piss out of most players. If they had put Jordan in the final tier of GH2 it would have ruined the game for me. I did finally beat it; but if I had to beat it to beat the game I probably would have just said screw it and stopped playing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never finished expert on GH2 because of Psychobilly, so no matter where you draw that line of what songs to include, you're going to frustrate some players, and others are going to say the game is too easy. You have to put some tough songs in the career path and take your chances, and it certainly didn't ruin GH2 for me that I didn't beat expert, in fact it's the best game I've ever played.
Old 11-08-2007, 05:56 PM

After about an hour finally beat that lou [censored] on hard...sigh of relief...lol
Old 11-08-2007, 06:05 PM

finally 5*'d every hard song and working through TTFAF expert, keep failing around 80%, i can't seem to hit the 2 star powers to pass that part
Old 11-08-2007, 08:06 PM

skip the last few notes of the solo before those SP's and downstrum them... you'll have to learn how to get through the whole solo w/o star power if u want to 5 star it
Old 11-08-2007, 10:52 PM

finally passed it, i got through the first tough part w/o star power then SP'd the next tough part, then it was easy from now on

its about damn time