Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2007, 07:00 PM

Default Re: multiaccounters caught?

[ QUOTE ]
All,

"Account sharing for any purpose is not permitted on PokerStars."

Looks like they have a new policy.

[/ QUOTE ]

ABOUT
[censored]
TIME
Old 08-16-2007, 07:03 PM

I hope everyone realizes that much of the multi-accounting cheating won't be possible much longer. The technology is here to require fingerprint logons to sites. Most high-end laptops ship with this technology. The banks and brokerages are all in the process of writing the software to implement it for logon to online banking and trading. Stars and FTP also have engineers at work in this area.
Old 08-16-2007, 07:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
p5's is simply mind-bottling

[/ QUOTE ]

it's mind-boggling u moron
Old 08-16-2007, 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hope everyone realizes that much of the multi-accounting cheating won't be possible much longer. The technology is here to require fingerprint logons to sites. Most high-end laptops ship with this technology. The banks and brokerages are all in the process of writing the software to implement it for logon to online banking and trading. Stars and FTP also have engineers at work in this area.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah right. this won't ever happen. and if it did, it would be years away. is everyone who plays online poker going to go out and buy a fingerprint scanner?
Old 08-16-2007, 07:33 PM

someone turn on the BluffTHIS! beacon.
Old 08-16-2007, 07:36 PM

plattsburgh just posted something about the 300r and it's already been deleted at P5, let's get a round of applause for P5's crack censorhip team

Old 08-16-2007, 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What kind of laptops are you talking about?
Old 08-16-2007, 09:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
p5's is simply mind-bottling

[/ QUOTE ]

it's mind-boggling u moron

[/ QUOTE ]

it's moran you...uh, moran
Old 08-16-2007, 09:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

What kind of laptops are you talking about?

[/ QUOTE ]

my laptop has a fingerprint scanner

its a mid range toshiba

not sure how common it is though
Old 08-16-2007, 09:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"So it's okay to deceive people? It's okay for someone to use the account of a player whose style you are well acquainted with, whom you've played many times before, not volunteer he is not in fact that player and proceed to steamroll you heads up playing an entirely different game?"

I think this is such an unavoidable consequence of online poker that it's almost pointless to engage in a debate about its ethics. Personally I wouldn't do it.

I think it's different to do what HIV/Tongi did to Gilfwulf, and tell him he was playing one person when he was playing another than do what people do with the PeachyMer account, where nobody seriously pretends that it's Peachy using the account when it's playing 200/400.

My bigger point is that running multiple horses in the same MTT, and potentially having them at the same table is a far greater abuse of the system than account sharing, and that they shouldn't be discussed in the same context.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think people realize that when non-poker playing people (i.e. people making laws, and people voting for those people making laws) hear about this, they think it's cheating. All of it. You will never convince these people it's okay to:
Have more than one person to a screen ID
Have one person to multiple screen IDs (even if they're not in the same [censored] tournament).
Buy someone's position in a tournament, and take over.
Stake multiple "idiots" then take over for the idiot that is faring the best.
Have a player helping another player (more than one player to a hand).

Obviously, some of these are not rule breakers because the sites can't enforce them....but the non-poker playing public (which includes voters and lawmakers) DOESN'T CARE!!!!

So, stop with this [censored] about things being okay because they can't be stopped. Damn it, I'm so sick of you people that condone what you consider "small offenses" like account sharing. You're delusional pigs.