Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2007, 11:53 PM

Default Re: John from Cincy Thread

[ QUOTE ]
Also, it looks like Milch is spoonfeeding us the fact that John (JFC) is the second coming of Jesus.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean he's not John the Baptist?
Old 07-03-2007, 03:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ugh...I'm really disappointed with the show. Could they possibly pace it any slower? I spend half the episode looking at my watch waiting for it to be over.

The way the characters interract with each other just isn't believable, and the acting is terrible for the most part. Kai and Shaun are particularly terrible, but the rest of the actors aren't much better -- which I'm sure is partly to do with the tongue-twisting dialogue that Milch has them soliloquizing each week.

So Shaun's grandfather can float, and has shown this ability to a few different people. Do you not think that the people witnessing this ability would have been a little less blase about it? They're surprised at first but then they go on with their lives. WTF?

Also, it looks like Milch is spoonfeeding us the fact that John (JFC) is the second coming of Jesus...he's gathering disciples, getting stabbed in the side, healing people, yadda yadda yadda...but why does he also need to be a retard? If I hear him say "I'm dumping out" one more time, I'm going to scream.

I have really grown to hate this show...yet I'll be watching it like a sucker again next week because I want to see where it goes. Argh.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed with everything said here.

Kai's acting in particular is extremely terrible. An autistic mute could do a better job than she does. I really hate watching any scene that she is in because all I do is watch how bad she acts. And shaun is pretty terrible as well, but I have a feeling that might be because of the director.

I'll still keep watching, but curse the acting of Kai.

On the other hand, Ed O'neil is spectacular in this show. I think that he could become a great actor in his older years. He plays a paranoid, somewhat mental aging man to a T. I enjoy every scene he is in.
Old 07-03-2007, 05:05 AM

For all the Kai haters: search YouTube for some clips of her surfing waves the size of mountains (her name is Keala Kennelly). You'll come to like her.

On the show, she's quirky and offbeat. Hello? I need to explain how a quirky, offbeat person got cast on this show?

[ QUOTE ]
On the other hand, Ed O'neil is spectacular in this show. I think that he could become a great actor in his older years.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could become a great actor? COULD??? There's more to this guy than Al Bundy. You've never seen him in anything else? Not even "Ford Fairlane"?

Booty time, booty time, across the USA...
Old 07-03-2007, 08:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Booty time, booty time, across the USA...

[/ QUOTE ]

Classic!
Old 07-03-2007, 09:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also, it looks like Milch is spoonfeeding us the fact that John (JFC) is the second coming of Jesus.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean he's not John the Baptist?

[/ QUOTE ]

That depends. Was John the Baptist mentally challenged?
Old 07-03-2007, 09:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Halfway through episode #3 and agree that Ed O'neil is awesome in this show.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-03-2007, 11:56 AM

Just caught up to EP3 last night. There's enough weirdness to keep me interested.

As far as the acting quality goes, I find the first episodes of a show often start out with bad acting, then improve as the players get more of a feel for their characters and things start to mesh.

I happen to love that Kai is not model perfect. Love the Bill and Freddy scenes.
Old 07-03-2007, 11:34 PM

OK, JFC, I'm sticking with you. If you make me regret this decision like Carnivale did, you will do serious harm to my relationship with HBO. Just saying.

Kai's acting didn't really bother me this week for some reason. I actually thought that she and Butchie had some chemistry. He was totally carrying her and I think he's getting very good, but I bought it.
Old 07-04-2007, 12:05 AM

Bundy and the Hispanic dude are holding this show together.
Old 07-04-2007, 02:20 AM

meh the dialogue in the show is really off putting to me , and i really think they're going to drag out the John thing and never really say who he is , ever ....and i was dissapointed when kai didnt show her titayz at the end of the episode when she said how nasty her nipples were ,.. i'll watch for a couple more weeks .